Palo Reservations with Connecting Cabins

canuckgal

Our family has connecting cabins on our upcoming Alaska cruise. It shows my husband in one cabin with our two boys, me in the other cabin with our two girls. I have made Palo reservations for my husband for brunch, but now when I try to make a reservation for me, that time slot is no longer available- how do we go to brunch together?? Is a reservation assumed for 2 people? If I show up at Palo half an hour early or he shows up half an hour late, will that be ok? Will it be risky as far as availability to fix it on board? Thanks for your help!

Palo has no tables for 1 even though they are happy to take a reservation for 1.

However, no worries--make your reservation now for as close as you can get to the same time as husband. Then, after boarding, go to the location listed for Palo Ressies (this is sometimes in Palo and sometimes elsewhere--check the Navigator for location). Explain to the Palo manager what you have and that you obviously want a time together and he will fix it for you.

No, do not just show up early or late--go thru the process and combine your reservations. That way they are set up for you.

If you each have a time, guaranteed they will be able to put you together once on board. No worries. Easiest for them if your times are as close as you can get them though (like 10 and 10:30 works better than one of you with 10 and the other with 1).

Edited by moki'smommy

I had a similar question, which is why I came on the boards today. My mother and her friend will be cruising with us next year. They have a separate reservation #. We are castaway club members, so we can book onboard activities earlier. Is there a way I can make a 4 person reservation for Palo brunch for all of together? Or will we need to something similar, where we book individually and combine reservations onbaord?

You can only book for the people in your cabin. You will ask that your reservations be "linked" or "cross-referenced for dining" assuming that you want to be seated together in the MDRs, but that doesn't allow you to book early for the other cabin.

You basically do as above--make your reservations on your date and then try to get the other cabin a reservation as close to your time as possible. There is seriously NO problem joining the reservations once on board. Occasionally they have to adjust a time by 15 or 30 minutes, but they will get you together on the same day at something close to your ideal time.