Breeze to Splendor

july2012

Just got email that my Breeze June 2016 ship will change to Splendor.

I'm not sure what to do, we selected the Breeze due to the activities on board for our 4 teenagers who will be going. We also were excited about the itineraries.

But now we have a decision to make? Do we go with Splendor and the same itinerary or totally cancel our cruise and try to find something different? I wonder if the price will be less? We are offered $50 OBC each, but right now NOT happy about this change!

8 day southern Caribbean.

I compared the ships and the Splendor is NOT even close to the Breeze:(

Any advice?

Never been on Breeze, however it is on my short list. Have taken Splendor and it is a great ship. Like you said though, Splendor is not close to Breeze.

I would hope that Carnival would offer you much more than the 50.00 OBC each. But they are in control of what compensation to give you. Not sure if you have any bargaining power in this, but it wouldn't hurt to speak with a representative at Carnival and see if they have any suggestions/options, if you haven't already.

Hope this works out for you in your favor.

I am in the exact same situation. I am assuming we can choose another itinerary and ship entirely and switch over our deposit without the normal early saver penalty when this happens. Is that correct?

If this assumption is true, it doesn't look as if they have released the new Breeze itineraries yet so how long can we switch without the penalty?

Thanks so much!

Since the Breeze is moving to Galveston it will do the same route at the Magic. Cozumel, Jamsica, Grand Cayman. Belize, Roatan, Cozumel. And the ever so popular :rolleyes: Key West, Nassau and Freeport.

We received the same email for our May 2016 Bermuda trip. I checked my reservation online and it already reflected the new ship and cabin. Rate shown is almost $1000 more than sailing on Breeze. Not happy with this and may cancel. I am waiting to hear back from our agent at Carnival. This was a Journeys cruise.

Edited by SUSIEK

Obviously - he's putting lipstick on a pig here. I am - as the pig - annoyed! :mad:

From John Heald's fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald?fref=nf

Obviously many of you will be excited to hear this news and some will not be. And so to those who we have disappointed by this news let me add a few things if I may. I know this will be disappointing for those of you originally booked on the carnival Breeze and for you I would like to say this.Carnival Splendor is a very popular ship with many excellent features and a brilliant crew and will offer the same six- and eight-day cruises that visit some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful destinations.

Guests currently booked on the Carnival Breeze will automatically be moved to the Carnival Splendor. These guests will be re-priced to the lower established price for the Carnival Splendor and receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. Alternatively, if guests would prefer to move to any other Carnival cruise, they will receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. In addition, if guests elect not to sail on Carnival Splendor or choose another Carnival cruise, we will provide a full refund.

But hold on, there are other choices because should you like to enjoy the Funship 2.0 features like Guys Burgers etc, we have Carnival Glory (Miami) and Carnival Conquest (Ft. Lauderdale) available as options in South Florida. They could also consider a move to Carnival Magic in Port Canaveral.

Either way to those who have to change their plans now I do apologise and our call centers, your travel agents and PVPS will help you book another fun cruise with us where the fun will be waiting and the crew will be there to give you the very best of times.

And meanwhile I will be here to listen and to help you as much as I can

Cheers

So I just got off with carnival and ended up rebooking..and not for the splendor. Now we're on a wrap balcony (kinda close to what we had, Definitely A Little More Money) but it's on the breeze....am I happy we had to switch? I'm over it now. ..especially the hubby said "whatever you want as long as it's the breeze"!..

Obviously - he's putting lipstick on a pig here. I am - as the pig - annoyed! :mad:

From John Heald's fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald?fref=nf

Obviously many of you will be excited to hear this news and some will not be. And so to those who we have disappointed by this news let me add a few things if I may. I know this will be disappointing for those of you originally booked on the carnival Breeze and for you I would like to say this.Carnival Splendor is a very popular ship with many excellent features and a brilliant crew and will offer the same six- and eight-day cruises that visit some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful destinations.

Guests currently booked on the Carnival Breeze will automatically be moved to the Carnival Splendor. These guests will be re-priced to the lower established price for the Carnival Splendor and receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. Alternatively, if guests would prefer to move to any other Carnival cruise, they will receive a $50 per person shipboard credit. In addition, if guests elect not to sail on Carnival Splendor or choose another Carnival cruise, we will provide a full refund.

But hold on, there are other choices because should you like to enjoy the Funship 2.0 features like Guys Burgers etc, we have Carnival Glory (Miami) and Carnival Conquest (Ft. Lauderdale) available as options in South Florida. They could also consider a move to Carnival Magic in Port Canaveral.

Either way to those who have to change their plans now I do apologise and our call centers, your travel agents and PVPS will help you book another fun cruise with us where the fun will be waiting and the crew will be there to give you the very best of times.

And meanwhile I will be here to listen and to help you as much as I can

Cheers

There is no lower established price for the Splendor. Carnival is pricing it the same as the Breeze sailing was. I have spoken to Carnival about this twice today with the same result, you can cancel for a full refund. I hate being between a rock and a hard place. I still want to go on this itinerary but not at the same price as the Breeze on the Splendor. I also have no flexibility on when I can go, it's either go on the Splendor or not at all.....:mad:

I was told I could not rebook yet to Magic out of Orlando, or Breeze in TX since the itinerary is not listed yet. But I know its somewhere just not public the folks they putting on Breeze that were on Splendor know when and where they are going. I need to find out the ports that the Splendor was going on in June 2016, so I can already be thinking about that option.

AND the should tell the ones who are switched these other cruise options before releasing for the public. I would be very interested in Magic out of Orlando.

Maybe I should call back?

I was told I could not rebook yet to Magic out of Orlando, or Breeze in TX since the itinerary is not listed yet. But I know its somewhere just not public the folks they putting on Breeze that were on Splendor know when and where they are going. I need to find out the ports that the Splendor was going on in June 2016, so I can already be thinking about that option.

AND the should tell the ones who are switched these other cruise options before releasing for the public. I would be very interested in Magic out of Orlando.

Maybe I should call back?

There are a couple of Breeze cruises available from Galveston right now--Nov 27, 2016 and Dec 4, 11 (and the holiday cruises at 2x the cost). I booked the 27 Nov and the 4 Dec ones to replace the canceled repositioning that was going to happen on 27 Nov 16 and now is in May 2016. It looks like it will be crew only. :mad:

I'm fortunate because my cruise was canceled (never thought I'd be saying that!) instead of being switched to another ship. Also, lucky in that the Breeze was supposed to be on the repo cruise starting on the 27th and the Magic was to be repositioning at the same time. That means that there was no one booked on these 2 cruises that need to be switched over. Every cabin is available. Stake out your favorite now.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

We also are scheduled on the Breeze Journey cruise Memorial Day 2016. Very disappointed in the ship change for a couple of reasons. 1) Carnival did not even contact us to let us know about the change. I read it on CruiseCritic. 2) I paid extra for this Journey cruise (Bermuda) and our corner aft balcony room.

When I called Carnival today they told me that all the reservations are locked right now until the switchover of reservations is complete -- in a couple of days. I will be cancelling our trip. I'm sure the other ship is fine but I was really looking forward to sailing on the Breeze.

Definitely will take the advice and call carnival. Since we did a specific cabin, corner aft. And a 50 obc..and an oh your on the splendor doesn't cut it....I want my breeze!

We also are scheduled on the Breeze Journey cruise Memorial Day 2016. Very disappointed in the ship change for a couple of reasons. 1) Carnival did not even contact us to let us know about the change. I read it on CruiseCritic. 2) I paid extra for this Journey cruise (Bermuda) and our corner aft balcony room.

When I called Carnival today they told me that all the reservations are locked right now until the switchover of reservations is complete -- in a couple of days. I will be cancelling our trip. I'm sure the other ship is fine but I was really looking forward to sailing on the Breeze.

We were able to rebook no problem.

I was scheduled too for the Journey cruise on the Breeze on May 26,2016. I am so disappointed about this, but Ilove the itinerary for this trip. They should reduce the price of the cruise since they changed our ship. I wanted to eat at the Guys a Burgers. I was looking forward to that!!! I guess I will stick with it because of the itinerary. This makes me so mad!!!

I was scheduled too for the Journey cruise on the Breeze on May 26,2016. I am so disappointed about this, but Ilove the itinerary for this trip. They should reduce the price of the cruise since they changed our ship. I wanted to eat at the Guys a Burgers. I was looking forward to that!!! I guess I will stick with it because of the itinerary. This makes me so mad!!!

Can someone please explain to me why the cost of my cruise did not drop once I was changed to the Splendor?

So not only do they put me on a smaller ship with less options, they also charge me the same rate as what I was paying on the Breeze.

I thought the prices for the cruise were based on the ship and the ports visted?

PVP advised me that IF I stay with the Splendor to watch out for price drops, I'm thinking they should have dropped the price for anyway who was forced to switch to the Splendor from the Breeze.

Now we are looking at changing to the Breeze from TX, or Magic from Orlando.

AND I feel that they should have NOT made these changes after folks had booked.

I'm sure they have plans, but should have listed these ships were they were going to be and left them there before making it open for bookings.

Can someone please explain to me why the cost of my cruise did not drop once I was changed to the Splendor?

So not only do they put me on a smaller ship with less options, they also charge me the same rate as what I was paying on the Breeze.

I thought the prices for the cruise were based on the ship and the ports visted?

PVP advised me that IF I stay with the Splendor to watch out for price drops, I'm thinking they should have dropped the price for anyway who was forced to switch to the Splendor from the Breeze.

Now we are looking at changing to the Breeze from TX, or Magic from Orlando.

AND I feel that they should have NOT made these changes after folks had booked.

I'm sure they have plans, but should have listed these ships were they were going to be and left them there before making it open for bookings.

My PVP said it was because Aruba is a "prime itinerary" because they still don't go there very often. :cool:

We followed the Breeze to Galveston - got rebooked in to the same cabins we had on the Breeze AND save $800.00. Works for me! ;)

If we get price drops later we don't lose our OBC for this mess do we. I still don't know what we are going to do.

Not supposed to!

Our OBC for the change AND the OBC credit we had from a promotion on our original Breeze booking followed up to our rebooked Breeze cruise our of Galveston. My PVP said the $50/pp OBC credit would stay no matter what - but we could lose the other promotional OBC if we do an early saver rate change.

FYI...for those staying on the Splendor - if there are any - watch for your cabin assignments!!

When they moved our Breeze booking to the Splendor there was NO effort to book our rooms together or in the aft wrap and extended wraps that we had on the Breeze even with all 6 cabins being linked together! We were ALL over the place on the Splendor! :mad:

So if you booked a specific cabin or location - keep an eye on where they put you! :cool:

So you are sticking with Splendor. I think I would go to the Valor if I want to keep the itinerary or else look at Magic Western. Or just cancel the thing all together. I was able to get September rates for an end of August cruise so definitely hard to beat and also get a good ship and room. Poking at Vista but they only go to April 2017.

FYI...for those staying on the Splendor - if there are any - watch for your cabin assignments!!

When they moved our Breeze booking to the Splendor there was NO effort to book our rooms together or in the aft wrap and extended wraps that we had on the Breeze even with all 6 cabins being linked together! We were ALL over the place on the Splendor! :mad:

So if you booked a specific cabin or location - keep an eye on where they put you! :cool:

I'm still waiting for my new cabin assignment. Considering I had a cove balcony on the Breeze I'm less than excited to see what they assign me. I really want to start researching other alternatives but since Carnival hasn't updated their website I just have to wait. What a cluster...

I'm still waiting for my new cabin assignment. Considering I had a cove balcony on the Breeze I'm less than excited to see what they assign me. I really want to start researching other alternatives but since Carnival hasn't updated their website I just have to wait. What a cluster...

If you booked through a PVP - I'd give them a call. I started talking with ours yesterday morning....by last night she could see the options but not finalize them. This morning she was able to move everything back over to the Breeze. We now have confirmed bookings on the Breeze out of Galveston for September 2016.

Edited by happy cruzin

Have you checked on the website? Most likely will see it there long before you receive an "official" notification. :cool:

Have you checked on the website? Most likely will see it there long before you receive an "official" notification. :cool:

Oh yeah, I've been checking it almost every hour, it still shows me on the Breeze. My cruise wasn't until next September so I'm sure it's taking so long since it was one of the last cruises effected prior to original plan for the Breeze to move to Galveston.

I contacted my PVP via email yesterday, she's great, and she said she'd be in touch if she heard something before I contacted her. I've worked with her long enough that I trust her.

This is the second cruise in a row that I've been effected by a swapping of ships, and it's getting old.

Oh yeah, I've been checking it almost every hour, it still shows me on the Breeze. My cruise wasn't until next September so I'm sure it's taking so long since it was one of the last cruises effected prior to original plan for the Breeze to move to Galveston.

I contacted my PVP via email yesterday, she's great, and she said she'd be in touch if she heard something before I contacted her. I've worked with her long enough that I trust her.

This is the second cruise in a row that I've been effected by a swapping of ships, and it's getting old.

WOW....that stinks! We've had it happen a couple of times - but not close together.

I too have been effected by the Breeze/Splendor trade and obviously I am not very happy about it. How many of you feel like you are getting the run around? I have not received my new cabin assignment yet and am being told it might be next week before I get it. Does anyone else see a problem with this and the 10 day deadline that the letter gives you to make changes? Are they trying to mess people over by not giving us enough time to make a decision?

Frustrated beyond belief!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: