2016 Spring Break Breeze Question

hlauburn

Considering booking the 6 night Breeze on March 20, 2016, but I'm a little concerned about the college party crowd. We have a 7 and 11 year old, so a nice family atmosphere would be ideal. :)

I have a friend who went on the 8 night last year during our kids' spring break, and she said the crowds were fine, but heard the week before was unprecedented craziness! :eek: Our week doesn't coincide with the big FL school breaks, but definitely some other schools.

If I call Carnival, can they give me an idea of the crowds?

This is really the only time we would be able to go, so any advice would be appreciated!

Considering booking the 6 night Breeze on March 20, 2016, but I'm a little concerned about the college party crowd. We have a 7 and 11 year old, so a nice family atmosphere would be ideal. :)

I have a friend who went on the 8 night last year during our kids' spring break, and she said the crowds were fine, but heard the week before was unprecedented craziness! :eek: Our week doesn't coincide with the big FL school breaks, but definitely some other schools.

If I call Carnival, can they give me an idea of the crowds?

This is really the only time we would be able to go, so any advice would be appreciated!

Your concern is legit especially on Carnival and a 6 day cruise.

It's not the local Fl kids you have to worry about, they all will have parents with them, it's the college kids who are unsupervised you have to watch. Having said that let me also say we always cruise in the spring and have never been bothered by spring break antics. some of them are entertaining.

It's not the local Fl kids you have to worry about, they all will have parents with them, it's the college kids who are unsupervised you have to watch. Having said that let me also say we always cruise in the spring and have never been bothered by spring break antics. some of them are entertaining.

Looks like you are booked for the 3/12 cruise the week before, so I guess it's not a deal breaker for you, huh? I definitely see the entertain value in it, except that we have little kids, and there's a fine line between entertaining and inappropriate! :D I'd hate to be "forced" to not go to the pool or whatever because there's a wet t-shirt contest going on with tons of drunk college kids. If we can "avoid" them and still feel like we're on a (somewhat) family cruise, I'm in!

Thanks for your input !

Your concern IS NOT legit; we sail each year in March out of Miami because my grandson's spring break is always the 2nd or 3rd week of March. We have NEVER in 8 cruises encountered wild spring break crowds. Carnival is mostly family oriented in recent years. I would say possibly the 2 and 3 and 4 days cruises may attract younger spring break college kids cause those cruises are cheaper. But we have even gone on 4 day cruises on Carnival for Labor Day and New Year's Eve (we are Florida residents so have easy access) and have NEVER encountered drunken wild party crowds. I think that is a myth perpetrated by cruisers who have never really cruised on Carnival in the last 10 years.