Ever ate in two Specialty Restaurants in one night?

Sandman799

Does anyone know what the latest is you can be seated in the specialty restaurant? Is it say 10:30pm or 11 pm?

Thanks everyone for the input! When I made reservations after buying the "old" 7 day UDP I was able to reserve an early dinner at opening (5:00 in Teppanyaki, and 5:30 pm at Cagney's, Moderno, and Le Bistro), then on the same day reserve at the last time slot, which was 9:30 pm. They close at 10:00, but I assume allow you to stay for as long as it takes to serve the full meal for those arriving at 9:30. I wasn't charged for any of the reservations, even those where I had made more than one in the same night. I don't know if I would have been charged immediately if I hadn't had the UDP or if they wait to charge you after your meal.

From the replies it seems likely we wouldn't have the appetite to eat at a second restaurant, unless for dessert, but I probably wouldn't want to waste time with a seating just for that. We could just get our dessert from the first place sent to our cabin for later. If we know we won't be able to handle two entrees in the same night, then we don't need the old UDP's benefit of being able to eat in two specialties and can live with the one specialty per day restriction of the new SDPs (3 - 7 day specialty dining plans). If we changed, I'd likely still do a 6 day plan, since we still want to do Illusionarium, Le Bistro, Cagneys, Teppanyaki, and Moderno, and although there's an upcharge along with losing one day of the plan for Ocean Blue, it's still cheaper under the SDP with $15 upcharge per person than without the plan under the UDP, which only offers a 25% discount on what otherwise costs $39 per person plus 18% gratuity. Still leaves room for a Prime Rib night at O'Sheehans! Need to add up the costs for these under the 6 and 7 day plans and see how the SDPs add up as compared to the UDP and without either plan. I think a lot depends on whether you plan to do an upcharge restaurant as well as a different specialty restaurant in the same night or not. With the UDP you don't get the price break of the SDP, but still can eat at a specialty restaurant the same night, whereas with SDPs you cannot, but the upcharge restaurants cost much less. I'll post results later!

Sandman...unless you have successfully done it before, I would check with the specialty rest. about "having dessert sent to your stateroom later". They would most probably give you a dessert "doggy bag" to take with you, and you could take it to your cabin. Not sure about them sending it later since they are not room service. Enjoy your cruise!:)

For those that get a dessert to eat in their suite...do you just walk up to the restaurant and say you dont want dinner just a dessert to be sent to your room?

Since your in a suite you don't do any of that. Just tell the butler what you want and it will be taken care of.