Princess screwed our Med Cruise

ucalegend

Let's be real!...The cruise contract is so one sided in favor of the cruiselines any one with any intelligence would never agree to it...However we are all so addicted to cruising we feel we have no choice...No one judges which cruisline to sail on by the fine print in their contract...Hopefully nothing will go wrong...It's too soon over, nothing like being stuck with a lemon of a car,etc.

you will find little support or respect here; these CC'ers are, largely, cold hearted creatures of habit who don't accept criticism of their favorite cruise lines (unless they favor a different cruise line, and then they support you for their nefarious purposes); they will offer to edit your criticism, but then will explain why things didn't really happen the way you said they did. Of course they see no disrespect in their denials of the events you describe.
You’d think one would find other things to do than to follow around such cold hearted creatures.
8000 people have seen that they should not take a cruise with princess unless they really don't care what they get or where they go. We know this because Princess has very plainly told us that we were wrong to expect more.
8000 may have viewed the thread, but it would be interesting to know of that 8000, how many did this: :rolleyes: I think a good number of people who have looked at this thread understand the cruise contract.
The cruise contract is so one sided in favor of the cruiselines any one with any intelligence would never agree to it...However we are all so addicted to cruising we feel we have no choice
I’d prefer to be able to admit to my own addictions, thanks. The cruise contract may have been written in favor of the cruise line, but that only seems to be an issue with people who either don’t read it or don’t understand what a contract is. I continue to cruise knowing full well what's in the contract and what I can expect from it. There's a difference between addiction and informed purchases. I can see a first time cruiser possibly being confused because they didn't read the contract, but once one is aware of the stipulations, its difficult for me to understand why they keep buying what they might consider a defective product - addiction or no.

you will find little support or respect here; these CC'ers are, largely, cold hearted creatures of habit who don't accept criticism of their favorite cruise lines (unless they favor a different cruise line, and then they support you for their nefarious purposes); they will offer to edit your criticism, but then will explain why things didn't really happen the way you said they did. Of course they see no disrespect in their denials of the events you describe.
You’d think one would find other things to do than to follow around such cold hearted creatures.
8000 people have seen that they should not take a cruise with princess unless they really don't care what they get or where they go. We know this because Princess has very plainly told us that we were wrong to expect more.
8000 may have viewed the thread, but it would be interesting to know of that 8000, how many did this: :rolleyes: I think a good number of people who have looked at this thread understand the cruise contract.
The cruise contract is so one sided in favor of the cruiselines any one with any intelligence would never agree to it...However we are all so addicted to cruising we feel we have no choice
I’d prefer to be able to admit to my own addictions, thanks. The cruise contract may have been written in favor of the cruise line, but that only seems to be an issue with people who either don’t read it or don’t understand what a contract is. I continue to cruise knowing full well what's in the contract and what I can expect from it. There's a difference between addiction and informed purchases.

[/font][/font]

I imagine they do it for the same reason someone continually complains about a cruiseline that does not enforce their dress code but continues to sail that line...I understand they do it because they feel the good outnumbers the bad...One does not have to agree with someone to understand them...I apologize if my use of the word "we" offended anyone.

I imagine they do it for the same reason someone continually complains about a cruiseline that does not enforce their dress code but continues to sail that line...
Touché – however let me point out that I’ve never asked for compensation, written illiterate letters or accused the cruise line of illegally taking my money (by violating their contract with me) because someone wasn’t dressed properly. I understand the logistical issues with trying to get people who can’t follow a published dress code to do so en masse. I imagine the riot at the purser's desk on Grand Princess would be a minor scuffle if suddenly dress codes were enforced as they should be on say, Caribbean Princess.

To the contrary, what I have done is congratulate Princess and those involved when the dress code has been enforced - I doubt they receive any of that when a published itinerary is completed. You’re right – the good at Princess does outweigh the bad, but in both instances – cruise contracts or dress codes – it’s a matter of passengers ignoring what’s published and thinking they are due something they are not, whether that be compensation for a missed port or an excuse from dressing properly. In my case, I understand what Princess has written and what their intent is - the root of my issues don't lie with the cruise line.

Touché – however let me point out that I’ve never asked for compensation, written illiterate letters or accused the cruise line of illegally taking my money (by violating their contract with me) because someone wasn’t dressed properly.

Not that I'm saying you've written illiterate letters or accused the cruise line of illegally taking your money, but didn't you say that you got compensation for Princess not enforcing its dress code, on this thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=123430

Or was that compensation you didn't ask for? I've received compensation when I didn't ask for it, so that's perfectly understandable--I was just confused by your comment, so I thought I'd ask.

Not that I'm saying you've written illiterate letters or accused the cruise line of illegally taking your money, but didn't you say that you got compensation for Princess not enforcing its dress code, on this thread?

Or was that compensation you didn't ask for? I've received compensation when I didn't ask for it, so that's perfectly understandable--I was just confused by your comment, so I thought I'd ask.

:rolleyes: My mistake was putting that comment in a post – it keeps coming back to bite me. Let that be a lesson not to let another poster goad you into stating something against your better judgment. Although a number on this board don’t believe me, my letter to Princess at no time asked for any compensation and addressed more issues than only dress code. My letter was written in positive, constructive tones rather than ambiguous, blaming and accusatory language as was the latest example on this thread. My letter contained a number of complements regarding the overall excellence of the experience.

It's nice to know that so many of you are watching my every move. :rolleyes:

bdjam, I didn't mean to upset you or goad you into saying something you didn't want to--I just wanted to clarify the facts because your above comment seemed inconsistent with what I thought you'd said earlier about being compensated for the lack of enforcement of the dress code. Clearly I must have misunderstood your earlier post, so I'm sorry for causing you grief. I am aware that Princess sometimes compensates you for things you weren't actually seeking compensation for. This happened to me when I wrote a letter about my disappointment about some things on an otherwise fabulous cruise on the Golden in the spring. I just wasn't clear from when this had been discussed earlier about how your compensation came about. Thanks for setting the record straight.

bdjam, I didn't mean to upset you or goad you into saying something you didn't want to--I just wanted to clarify the facts because your above comment seemed inconsistent with what I thought you'd said earlier about being compensated for the lack of enforcement of the dress code. Clearly I must have misunderstood your earlier post, so I'm sorry for causing you grief. I am aware that Princess sometimes compensates you for things you weren't actually seeking compensation for. This happened to me when I wrote a letter about my disappointment about some things on an otherwise fabulous cruise on the Golden in the spring. I just wasn't clear from when this had been discussed earlier about how your compensation came about. Thanks for setting the record straight.
And my apologies for not being clear – I posted my remarks about my interaction with Princess initially to respond to another poster’s comments. That poster and some others immediately twisted what I had to say to try to facilitate their side of the debate. Your posts have always been fair and objective…thanks for that.

I'll try to help on your confusion, here is another thread that may clarify some of the twisting of words:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199533&page=11&pp=25

roe, thanks, now I understand why bdjam might have taken offense at my questions, because that was a particularly hostile thread.

woodofpine, although being thought weird is never something that's stopped me from doing anything, I definitely see your point. :D

Archived