Breeze Spa Suite - question

SATXLady

I booked a Spa Suite for my Mom and I on the Breeze for Sept 2016. Right now, we're booked in suite 11205. While it looks like the balcony may be slightly larger than the other suites, I'm concerned that it might not be covered and will be open to the sun. I could still change to 11215 or 11221 which both look like there are balcony cabins over them.

Does anyone here know for sure? I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has stayed in a Spa Suite on the Breeze. I think Mom will like it even though it is all the way to the front on a higher floor. We've always stayed mid ship, usually on 7 or 8 on all of our cruises to minimize movement but taking a chance to experience the Spa suite.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by SATXLady

Just got off the Breeze this morning. We had rooms 11235 and 11243. The balconies are normal sized and covered. The rooms were no fancier then normal balcony rooms, but we did enjoy the extras like slippers and shampoo and body scrub. Of course the T pool was the best bonus!

Just got off the Breeze this morning. We had rooms 11235 and 11243. The balconies are normal sized and covered. The rooms were no fancier then normal balcony rooms, but we did enjoy the extras like slippers and shampoo and body scrub. Of course the T pool was the best bonus!

8 more days for me to get to that T-pool. I sure am looking forward to it.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Breeze. T-pool was really nice, but I'd never spend the extra money on a Spa Suite again.

DH & I had couples massage that was the best ever, but you don't need Spa Suite to get the deal we got on the massage. Go to drawing for Spa on 1st day and they offer best deals.

As for "Spa Suite" extras - Carnival says you get Spa amenities in your room. Our sons were in an inside room deck one and got the same robes we had. So we got slippers. Wore slippers to Spa, they got wet and we wearing soggy slippers - used our own sandals after that. As for body wash, shampoo, lotion - don't use it to fast, because you only get one bottle of each per room. We asked for more and got it, but you have to ask, which isn't what I should have to do if I was told my suite comes with Spa amenities.

As for the other Cloud 9 benefits: the stone lounges don't all work. They don't post when something doesn't work. So I laid on one for 5 minutes waiting for it to get hot and realized it wasn't going to. Then the water fountain that is in that room for the sound - you have to get up every 60 second and press the button to make it work. If the sound of the water is soothing, why does it shut off in 60 seconds. Then they give you a scrub - one scrub per room to use in the sauna / steam rooms. Then take a refreshing shower that has jets from all side to cool off and rinse off the scrub. Only the water pressure is so bad, that the shower really doesn't work. Again you might get 15 to 30 seconds of water if you are lucky.

But the worst part was when I asked the women working there how to use the scrub or make the shower work I was told "I don't know" - I heard this from several people in the spa. They also don't talk to one another because one person I was dealing with said she'd make up my scrub while I was in the T-pool and when I got out she was gone. The next girl new nothing about it.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told she was too busy.

Yes the T-pool was nice, but not worth the extra $.

Would. Really does not sound worthwhile at all if this is the common experience. I may change to regular suite.

SATX - we lived in SA for 8 years.

Most people will tell you it is worth it. For me, the T- pool was nice, but so was the hot tub on the Serenity deck. Also, we have a hot tub at home, so I wanted the EXTRAs. On Sunday when a very nice woman took me around and explained the scrub and showed me the shower with jets coming from the sides and rain from above - now that was an extra I couldn't get anywhere else. And it didn't work. And the girls I spoke with telling me to just take a shower in the ladies locker room wasn't special. I didn't pay extra for the ladies locker room. So, maybe I'm being a snob, but to hear different "technicians" in the Spa area say they don't know how the shower works or what to do with the scrub - REALLY! Not worth it for me. But read other opinions before you make up your mind.

And have a great trip.

I agree with vmt514.. We did a spa balcony on the Breeze in early June.. not worth the extra money. We just didn't use the "extra" spa stuff that much. We could have used the spas on the serenity deck and been just as happy. And the rain shower in the spa didn't work.... from the other post apparently they knew it was broken too... yet they talked up how great it was during our tour... then there was the walk.. we were on deck 12.. EVERYTHING seemed like it was a mile away.

nope.. not worth the money to us. It was nice once to say we did it...but that is about all it was worth.

It is nice being close to the spa, and you are more likely to run up for shorter amounts of time if your cabin is right there than if you are down in a cove balcony. But, if the spa is important to you, you could book an interior on 1 and get your money's worth.