FTTF and airport transfers

satchimosmom

We're flying into and cruising from Ft. Lauderdale. Had no idea they were so close! Well, now I know. In the meantime, I had to call Our TA about another matter and just went ahead and paid the $15 pp each way through Carnival. Sounds like I way overpaid for my peace of mind! Oh, well, at least I've got all the loose ends tied up...yay! Lots of lessons learned :)

Edited by satchimosmom

I was delayed for an hour or so due to thunderstorms. The ramp crew won't be able to go outside if there's lightning. I read here once that someone was stuck for HOURS due to thunderstorms. Anything is possible, particularly if a delay turns into a flight crew change.

On my Sept 2013 cruise, same thing happened to us at FLL except it was two hours before we got our luggage. And it wasn't an actual storm. There was lightning spotted near our terminal (all the other ones were operating as normal), so no luggage was released. Luckily we had flown in a couple of days early to sightsee.