Are there any cat K staterooms with Pullmans?

I am booked on Ovation in a cat K category. I have studied the deck plans and can't seem to find any staterooms for 4 passengers that have 1 or 2 Pullmans. They all seem to have 2 singles and a sofa bed. Does anyone know if Anthem or Quantum have Pullmans in this category? My agent said this could change but could not confirm until the ship has been built.

I am booked on Ovation in a cat K category. I have studied the deck plans and can't seem to find any staterooms for 4 passengers that have 1 or 2 Pullmans. They all seem to have 2 singles and a sofa bed. Does anyone know if Anthem or Quantum have Pullmans in this category? My agent said this could change but could not confirm until the ship has been built.

The only Pullmans are in the JS grade with balcony. Even then looking at the deck plan for Anthem there are only single Pullmans plus Sofabed on Decks 8 and 9.

However there are a number of connecting K and L interior cabins - Could this work out for you ??

Edited by barneymag

The only Pullmans are in the JS grade with balcony. Even then looking at the deck plan for Anthem there are only single Pullmans plus Sofabed on Decks 8 and 9.

However there are a number of connecting K and L interior cabins - Could this work out for you ??

Thanks [emoji3].

I'm taking 3 kids so have to be in one cabin. 2 will be teenagers at time of sailing so I would have preferred that everyone had their own bed instead of sharing a sofas bed. I just don't understand why Royal hasn't included more staterooms with Pullmans esp for families.

Pullman beds are no longer acceptable on ships the way they once were. The latest safety standards have changed and they simply can't be done in a traditional cabin. It has nothing to do with the Quantum class design, but the times. Even the Harmony of the Seas does not have Pullman beds while Oasis and Allure do.

We sailed Grandeur the sailing prior to the fire in an oceanview stateroom with 3 people. I slept in the pullman bed and my parents slept in the regular beds pushed together in the middle of the room. 6 months later we returned to Grandeur in the same cabin just one deck higher, but this time they would not allow the beds to be pushed together. The cabin steward said that during the fire they had a difficult time getting people out of the pullman beds when the beds were together since they had to either climb on the bed or pull them out from the bottom of the pullman. As a result they have a new policy that if a pullman bed is in use it can not be obstructed below (aka the beds must be apart). At the time Grandeur was very strict on this, I don't know how strict other ships are being.

The Quantum deck plans came out just days after the fire and had no pullman beds. So I have a hard time believing they made that change so quickly (though it is possible), more likely the Costa Concordia led to the change, and then the Grandeur fire led to it being somewhat applied to existing ships. I personally prefer pullman beds, they give a great view over the balcony railing while laying in bed, but don't expect to see any more in regular cabins. The only place you will find them is in certain large or family suites where they are not positioned over a bed, or are over a single bed that can't obstruct it.

Thanks [emoji3].

I'm taking 3 kids so have to be in one cabin. 2 will be teenagers at time of sailing so I would have preferred that everyone had their own bed instead of sharing a sofas bed. I just don't understand why Royal hasn't included more staterooms with Pullmans esp for families.

You do not have to be in one cabin. Royal will allow kids to be in their own cabin provided it is directly beside or across from the parents cabin. If you don't feel comfortable having your teens in their own cabin then get connecting cabins and keep the door between cabins open. Check out the prices. In many cases it us not that much more expensive to get two cabins instead of one.

Pullman beds are no longer acceptable on ships the way they once were. The latest safety standards have changed and they simply can't be done in a traditional cabin. It has nothing to do with the Quantum class design, but the times. Even the Harmony of the Seas does not have Pullman beds while Oasis and Allure do.

We sailed Grandeur the sailing prior to the fire in an oceanview stateroom with 3 people. I slept in the pullman bed and my parents slept in the regular beds pushed together in the middle of the room. 6 months later we returned to Grandeur in the same cabin just one deck higher, but this time they would not allow the beds to be pushed together. The cabin steward said that during the fire they had a difficult time getting people out of the pullman beds when the beds were together since they had to either climb on the bed or pull them out from the bottom of the pullman. As a result they have a new policy that if a pullman bed is in use it can not be obstructed below (aka the beds must be apart). At the time Grandeur was very strict on this, I don't know how strict other ships are being.

The Quantum deck plans came out just days after the fire and had no pullman beds. So I have a hard time believing they made that change so quickly (though it is possible), more likely the Costa Concordia led to the change, and then the Grandeur fire led to it being somewhat applied to existing ships. I personally prefer pullman beds, they give a great view over the balcony railing while laying in bed, but don't expect to see any more in regular cabins. The only place you will find them is in certain large or family suites where they are not positioned over a bed, or are over a single bed that can't obstruct it.

Wow some interesting info you have given me. Thanks so much. I appreciate the information.

You do not have to be in one cabin. Royal will allow kids to be in their own cabin provided it is directly beside or across from the parents cabin. If you don't feel comfortable having your teens in their own cabin then get connecting cabins and keep the door between cabins open. Check out the prices. In many cases it us not that much more expensive to get two cabins instead of one.

Thank you, I will def have to check this out for future cruises.