Dawn 15% discount from 5/15 cruise

dudput

Can anyone help clear up the confusion? On the 5/15 Dawn Cruise we were given a 15% discount for the issue with hitting the reef. We all assume that it was 15% off our next cruise, but it looks like it 15% off what we paid to go on the dawn. This was during the promotion of 3rd and 4th free. So do these cruisers get nothing? Just a little misleading. The letter, to me, doesn't state one way or another regarding the 15 percent. It reads "As a gesture of our appreciation of your patience and understanding we will be providing you with a 15% future Cruise Credit, available to use towards any Norwegian Cruise you book now through May 1016. Don't get me wrong I did not think this was an inconvenience, I enjoyed our extra time in Bermuda. But just think the letter was a little confusing.

Can anyone help clear up the confusion? On the 5/15 Dawn Cruise we were given a 15% discount for the issue with hitting the reef. We all assume that it was 15% off our next cruise, but it looks like it 15% off what we paid to go on the dawn. This was during the promotion of 3rd and 4th free. So do these cruisers get nothing? Just a little misleading. The letter, to me, doesn't state one way or another regarding the 15 percent. It reads "As a gesture of our appreciation of your patience and understanding we will be providing you with a 15% future Cruise Credit, available to use towards any Norwegian Cruise you book now through May 1016. Don't get me wrong I did not think this was an inconvenience, I enjoyed our extra time in Bermuda. But just think the letter was a little confusing.

I was also on this cruise. I just recently booked for another and was told at the time of booking that in my profile it showed I had a credit for 15% off the price of my cruise fare paid on the 5/15 cruise. Both DH & I got the same credit based on our fare paid for the May Dawn cruise so I would assume if the 3rd & 4th passengers were free there would be no credit.

No, it's not that the free cruisers get nothing, you are getting 15% of the total you spent for your cabin. You can calculate it many ways, per person or per cabin it is still one dollar amount. If there were four of you and you each book another cruise without going together, one and two would each 15% of what you spent and three and four would get the same (zero).;)

There's nothing "misleading" about it. It is 15% off what was paid to take the cruise, regardless of 3rd and fourth traveling for free. Thus, if the cabin cost $2000 for four persons, you get a credit of $300 for your next cruise. It is based on what was paid for the cabin, not on a per person basis.

We thought the letter from ncl was misleading. It stated 15 percent off future cruise. Didn't realize it would be calculated from the cruise we were on. It doesn't really affect my discount and I'll be happy no matter what it is. This just will affect my daughter's group. They are college students and they don't have much money and 15 percent on a

future cruise would be a lot of money for them.

I was not on that cruise so I did not receive the letter. That being said, I would find it hard to believe that they would be offering 15% off of a future cruise and not a credit of 15% of what you had paid for the 5/15 Dawn cruise. If that were what they were offering, that would mean that if you had sailed in an inside and paid $500 or so per person they would be allowing you to get 15% off a future cruise by booking a $10,000 Haven and saving $1500? It just wouldn't make sense.

It reads "As a gesture of our appreciation of your patience and understanding we will be providing you with a 15% future Cruise Credit, available to use towards any Norwegian Cruise you book now through May 1016.

On the cruise when we received these letters and we see the words 15% and future, we all (or most of us) assumed incorrectly that it was future credit. I've heard that one person received a $45 credit and another received $330.

This is absolutely not what the PCC on board the Dawn told us when we bought our Future Cruise Reward. I specifically asked the question is it 15% off the price of our next cruise and he said absolutely. I said so not just 15% of what we paid and he said no 15% off your next cruise.

Me and my partner are very clear in our memory of this.

I agree the letter was very unclear and we asked for clarification.

Also, I believe it was worded the way it was in the letter to specifically confuse people. Even when Andy made the announcement he was not clear. He could have easily said you will receive 15% of this current cruise fare as a future credit but he never did. There was a reason I am sure.

Edited by Paphillyguy

There's nothing "misleading" about it. It is 15% off what was paid to take the cruise, regardless of 3rd and fourth traveling for free. Thus, if the cabin cost $2000 for four persons, you get a credit of $300 for your next cruise. It is based on what was paid for the cabin, not on a per person basis.

Absolutely not true. I was 1 of 7 in the Garden Villa and listed as passenger 3 so my credit is $47.50 even though the room itself was $20,000. Now if my mom cruises again, since she was listed as passenger 2 her credit would be almost $1,500.

Thanks for letting me know. I will have the 3rd and 4th passenger call and see what NCL says. But when I asked they said the discount is on the price paid less taxes and port fees. I also asked if I can split this up between all passenger in the cabin and they replied that I need a notorized letter.

Thanks for letting me know. I will have the 3rd and 4th passenger call and see what NCL says. But when I asked they said the discount is on the price paid less taxes and port fees. I also asked if I can split this up between all passenger in the cabin and they replied that I need a notorized letter.

Please let me know how you make out and if the notarized letter works. I asked my PCC and he said unfortunately no. :(