Pride of America Cabin Advice

rbelfi

I am trying to surprise my wife with an Hawaii cruise as it has been a dream of hers to go. I was originally looking at a Large Balcony B6 cabin on deck 11 or 12, but my TA suggested a Mid-Ship Balcony would be better. I know it's always smoother in the middle of the ship, but I believe the ship sails very slow throughout the islands so I didn't think it would be really bumpy.

There is not much of a difference in price. Would it be better to get the large balcony or go for a deck 9 midship balcony? I wouldn't want to be on deck 10 since it's right under the pool and has those angles partitions that would block more of our views.

I've also ready portside is the better side to be on for views of the Nappoli coast. Since I was a huge Jurassic Park fan this is a must! haha

I am trying to surprise my wife with an Hawaii cruise as it has been a dream of hers to go. I was originally looking at a Large Balcony B6 cabin on deck 11 or 12, but my TA suggested a Mid-Ship Balcony would be better. I know it's always smoother in the middle of the ship, but I believe the ship sails very slow throughout the islands so I didn't think it would be really bumpy.

There is not much of a difference in price. Would it be better to get the large balcony or go for a deck 9 midship balcony? I wouldn't want to be on deck 10 since it's right under the pool and has those angles partitions that would block more of our views.

I've also ready portside is the better side to be on for views of the Nappoli coast. Since I was a huge Jurassic Park fan this is a must! haha

I agree with you about the port side balconies. Or the aft facing are good for Na Pali viewing as well. I would go for the large balcony over a midship location. Unless you are very unlucky with the weather, I doubt there will be much difference in movement no matter where you are. We have been both aft and forward and can't tell any difference from being mid ship.

Funny thing about POA, largest room on boat is

opposite of the coast as they sail down it, but we

got awesome pic's on deck, and saw the coast on

the way back out after the turn so was all worth it.

Tapatalk via iPad Air

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to stick with the larger balcony on the portside. After I surprise my wife, I'll see if she cares about changing rooms. I'm sure she'll just be happy we're going to Hawaii! haha

Funny thing about POA, largest room on boat is

opposite of the coast as they sail down it, but we

got awesome pic's on deck, and saw the coast on

the way back out after the turn so was all worth it.

Tapatalk via iPad Air

Like you, I would not pass up a suite on the starboard side to get a lesser cabin on the port side just for Na Pali viewing. Half on deck, half on your balcony is not bad at all. But all things being equal otherwise in your choice of cabins, I would definitely go for the port side or aft facing if available. We had an aft facing and were out there the entire time. The trip "up" was definately closer in to the coast than the trip back down after the turn. The ship also seemed to be heading out farther from the coast and the view was definately not as good as from the starboard side.