Dining package ncl epic?

cbowls30

Hi all

Wondering whether it's worth getting dining package for 6 nt epic trip, we will definitely do cagneys and probably one other, not sure if it's worth it or not for 6 nights when there seems to be so many other options on the ship to eat. We recently went on allure of the seas and only felt the need to dine in one speciality restaurant, interested in hearing peoples thoughts? Thanks

Easiest way to work out if it's worth it is to pick out the restaurants you are likely to want to sample and total their service charges. My own costing suggest that it's not worth it if you're just eating every dinner in them, but does make a saving if you have one or more lunches in a specialty dining room (although I think only Wasabi is open then). If you throw in few extra evening snacks it becomes worth it.

They're changing how it works with Cirque, so it depends when you sail. If quite soon, then it's free on the first night. If a bit later then you only get a discount of just over half. Cirque Dreams - $10 regular seats/$15 premium seats

Edited by Huntingdon1701

We got the UDP as part of the promotion and really enjoyed it.

If I had to pay, I probably would not. You have to book a specialty dinner almost every night in order to break even on the cost (You need to do the math).

The fact is that the food in the complimentary Garden Cafe buffet and the Manhattan dining room is very good. We would not have minded eating just at these free venues.

Cagney serves a big steak, but I don't know if the $30 charge is worth it. We thought Le Bistro was the best of the bunch. I would not mind paying th3 $20 for this one.

Edited by funpig