Opinions on the new tiered internet service

Joneildu

Specifically the one attached. Social $25, Value $60, and premium $99. My wife and I are cruising in August and it'll be the first time away from our children for an extended period. We'd like to FaceTime occasionally. I don't mind dropping the $99 to have that ability. Are the speeds actually fast enough to handle that traffic? Anyone used it and had good outcomes?

image.jpg.c932ba50424f851212e864adcdee2fd9.jpg

I used the premium service on a 12 day cruise. It was slow at times, but overall it was great. I personally am hesitant to cruise without this service now. I have a 12 day cruise booked for March and am watching regularly, praying this gets added to that ship prior to sailing.

I didn't use "facetime" with it, but did use "facebook" regularly. Sometimes, it was quite fast, and sometimes it was a dog....but I loved having it available.

Kim

The Social plan was fine for texting via iMessage and using Facebook and Facebook Messenger text only.

I have read mixed reviews of video calling with the $99 plan. Someone posted that they were given a partial refund when they expressed their dissatisfaction with that capability.

I used the $25 plan this past Feb on the freedom, I loved it! It wasn't slow at all, but you did have to re log back in, and it was great that my brother had it who was also on the ship because we were able to communicate are pans and where abouts all day.

Although I really used to like putting my phone in the safe all week because it made my vacation seem twice as long!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are there limitations on the $25 plan? One place where I read about it seemed to suggest you could check Facebok, but not post pictures/status updates. I am primarily considering it in order to message my house/pet sitter but I wouldn't mind adding a few pictures as I go. It's not really vacation unless you rub it in a bit! ;)

Are there limitations on the $25 plan? One place where I read about it seemed to suggest you could check Facebok, but not post pictures/status updates. I am primarily considering it in order to message my house/pet sitter but I wouldn't mind adding a few pictures as I go. It's not really vacation unless you rub it in a bit! ;)

When I was on the Freedom in January, I got the $25 plan and was able to post status updates/pictures on Facebook. It was great.

I don't know much about the service since this will be the first time cruising since this is an option. Are there still fees through your carrier as well?

No this is a WiFi service. It does not use any cellular data or services.

I used the new internet packages when cruising on the Ecstasy on two separate sailings earlier this year.

On my birthday trip in March, I bought the social package and it was fine. I was able to use Facebook, IG, What's App (texting) and iMessage with no problems. I did not use FB messenger as I do not use their messaging app.

On the second trip I took on the Ecstasy a few weeks later during Easter, I opted to get the value package. I needed to be able to check my emails during that trip and wanted to be able to read the newspaper online. I had no issues then either and found the service to be fast. Webpages and emails loaded quickly with no lag on my iPhone. Definitely worth it for me!

We had social plan on the freedom last March and it worked as a basic plan. iMessage worked fine but sending pictures took FOREVER. It works as a basic plan to browse Facebook Twitter etc but it's slow when loading heavy data such as pictures. You had to re login every 24 hours and at some points it wouldn't let you log in. But for $25 you can't beat it. Being able to communicate back home is well worth $25-$100