Got different embarkation times for our 2 cabins

Secoh

I got on the phone right away and asked very nicely if we could all show up between 12-1 instead of 2-3. She initially said no but then checked with another dept. for me and honored it. She told me that we'll be fine. No worries. Hope this is the case!

Look honestly I don't think they know what they are doing when they send out these letters...they sent me one to show up later in the day when I purchased FTTF..hello why do you think I purchased it Carnival??? Rofl ...they don't know just show up...

Last month, my sister and I in the same cabin got different embarkation times. Our travel agent told us to ignore the message. We arrived during the earlier of our two times and encountered no issues.

If there is a genuine need for Carnival to spread out the embarkation process, they should at least assign the same time to parties sharing a cabin or traveling together!

They must be sending these emails out randomly, perhaps attempting to keep from having long lines out the door. It never works the way they intend anyway. First-time cruisers follow the directions. The rest just ignore it.

Look honestly I don't think they know what they are doing when they send out these letters...they sent me one to show up later in the day when I purchased FTTF..hello why do you think I purchased it Carnival??? Rofl ...they don't know just show up...

Exactly! We have FTTF so thought it was bizarre. Our plan is to be in that special line by noon :)

I think they send out those times as an attempt at controlling the crowds, but then don't enforce the times (or probably even care to check) when you get there.

If they enforced the time recommended, there would be a riot. They'd be closing off sign up times for excursions, cabanas and what not for the late arrivals and handing them to those allowed on early.

Last month, my sister and I in the same cabin got different embarkation times. Our travel agent told us to ignore the message. We arrived during the earlier of our two times and encountered no issues.

If there is a genuine need for Carnival to spread out the embarkation process, they should at least assign the same time to parties sharing a cabin or traveling together!

I think the embarkation times posted on the letter are merely a suggestion of a time you "might want to show up" ................. just as the speed limit posted on I-95 is merely a suggestion of a "speed you might want to go" :D:D

I think the embarkation times posted on the letter are merely a suggestion of a time you "might want to show up" ................. just as the speed limit posted on I-95 is merely a suggestion of a "speed you might want to go" :D:D

LMBO! As the ticket the nice officer gives you is a suggested amount you might want to pay! (I type this as I prepare to travel back to VA on Monday to fight the $150 one from my last trip home) :o

I got Married on Imagination last Sunday. We had to be there at 10:30am for our wedding and I still got the call from Carnival saying my check in time was 1:30 to 2:30. Our ceremony onboard started at 1. :D

Exactly! We have FTTF so thought it was bizarre. Our plan is to be in that special line by noon :)

We don't purchase the FTTF but our daughter n family do. They are usually at the pool with carry on luggage dropped off n the room no later than 12 o'clock. DH and I are platinum, and we've been at the pool as early as 11:30 before, but this is out of Port Canaveral, one of the easiest ports in my opinion. So my thought, the earlier you arrive, the earlier you get on the ship.. Some people will disagree with this, they'll tell you they rarely ever get to the port before 2 o'clock and walk right on. But I want to start my vacation ASAP. Happy cruising

I got Married on Imagination last Sunday. We had to be there at 10:30am for our wedding and I still got the call from Carnival saying my check in time was 1:30 to 2:30. Our ceremony onboard started at 1. :D

CONGRATULATION!!! [emoji173]️[emoji183][emoji253]

Congratulations! ROFL and you do win the prize.....to tell you to be there at 10:30 for your wedding and then call and say your check in time is 1:30 to 2:30 is the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile...really! THEN comes the second dumbest thing: be there at 1:30 when you purchased FTTF... maybe they are going to change the name to FTTFBaST- Faster to the Fun but a staggered times ROFL:rolleyes: