Storm Damage

blueseas

I meant to ask when we were there last Friday, but does anyone know how far we can go around the back side of the island? We'll be back next month and wanted to rent a jeep and ride around to all the beaches, and a few out of the way spots on the back side of the island.

How about completion time? Anyone have an estimate?

Thanks,

Aims

UPDATE: The road on the east side now is open up to Playa Bonita. The Missus and I had lunch at Coconuts yesterday, it's looking good! Cuco wants everybody to bring T-Shirts to replace the ones lost to Emily!

I had the fishburger...yum... and Margarita had the shrimp quesadillas...yum yum. Cost about 13 GRAND (YIKES!) to replace the palapa roof so I ordered some ceviche as well to help out LOL!

Reef Club actually opened a while ago, it's the other 3 southern hotels that are still closed.

P.S.- Coconuts still has the "family albums", the hurricane spared them! ;)

Cost about 13 GRAND (YIKES!) to replace the palapa roof so I ordered some ceviche as well to help out LOL!

Does this mean that neither insurance nor government help with these type of costs?:eek: Does this mean that the owner has to handle all of these expenses?

I seem to remember the gov. putting forth some loans to small businesses, but the details escape me. They're also giving big discounts off the fines for late property tax payments...they need to build up their coffers!

The beer companies have helped out many bar owners though, obviously in their best interests to do so...:)

Archived