Blue Hole tour - how much to tip?

Secoh

Hi folks. I booked a scenic tour from Montego Bay to the Blue Hole, lunch and a beach stop if time allows for our family of 7. Three of us won't be doing any jumping but will be observing our family members at the pool.

What is a decent tip to give to the tour guides at the pool and to our driver?

Thanks!

By no means am I suggesting this is what you should tip - this is just to tell you what we tipped and why.

We chose to tip the BH guide $10 per person in our group. There were 5 of us and we all jumped so all tolled, it cost us $100 for the 5 of us. Very affordable compared to a lot of other options.

Our guide was Samuel and he made sure we had fun, encouraged us to do jumps that we weren't sure of, but backed off when we said we said we were sure we didn't want to do something, and above all, he kept us safe.

I can't speak to what to tip for the non-jumpers.

By no means am I suggesting this is what you should tip - this is just to tell you what we tipped and why.

We chose to tip the BH guide $10 per person in our group. There were 5 of us and we all jumped so all tolled, it cost us $100 for the 5 of us. Very affordable compared to a lot of other options.

Our guide was Samuel and he made sure we had fun, encouraged us to do jumps that we weren't sure of, but backed off when we said we said we were sure we didn't want to do something, and above all, he kept us safe.

I can't speak to what to tip for the non-jumpers.

Thank you so much for your response! I realize that tipping is very different for everyone but wanted to get an idea.

• 2 weeks later...