Which would you pick (Miami hotels)

mmacdcc

We're booked on the Radiance 1/15 out of Miami. I've already booked our airfare, we're flying in 1/14. Now I'm looking for hotels.

So far, I'm looking at Hampton Inn & Suites (Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon), Summerfield Suites, Holiday Inn (Airport), and Fairfield Inn Miami Airport South (1201 NW LeJeune Road).

The Fairfield Inn has a pre- & post-cruise package that includes deluxe accommodations, breakfast for two, welcome cocktails, and transportation for two to the Port of Miami.

The Holiday Inn includes transportation from the airport and to the port, but doesn't include breakfast (I think all the others do).

All of them include shuttles from the airport.

All of them are under $200, most are between $100-150.

My questions --

Which is in the best area?

Which has the most shopping close by? Are any within walking distance of shopping? (According to TripAdvisor, the Hampton Inn is.)

Our flight gets in at 2:45 pm, if it's on time. So we do have some time to spend if we're not delayed. We'll need dinner, of course, and it is a Saturday. Which one would have the most options for dinner close by? I hate taking taxis if I can walk, but that means within a couple blocks, because I really don't want to get lost.

I've always gotten great advice from everybody here!

Between those it's no contest, go with the Hampton Inn... http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/

Summerfield Suites would be 2nd choice, Fairfield Inn is "eh", and I'd rather sleep on the floor in the airport than at that Holiday Inn!

There's nothing near them anyway, but you don't want to walk around at all in the areas of the Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn... Summerfield and Hampton Inn are in better areas, but Hampton Inn is closer to shopping and dining than Summerfield is. It would be a long walk from Summerfield to anything. Hampton Inn is the best choice IMO, and it's a very nice newer hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

We go to Miami every year for a cruise and we go several days early. We always stay either at the Holiday Inn Bayside or at a hotel on SoBe. The holiday Inn has Bayside Market right across the street with lots of shopping and places to eat. You can see the ships from your window and the cab ride isn't much. We are usually there in Jan or Feb. but this year we will be there in Nov. We booked a non refundable room for 90 bucks on the Hjoliday Inn web site.

Bayside is very safe day or night. Lots of security. You may encounter a few pan handlers. I don't usually give these guys any money but one time I had a guy tell me he was new in the area and a doctor. He needed some money for gas to get home. He was standing next to his BMW. So I gave him a few bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with TrentS..

the Holiday Inn Airport is a horror...

We got stuck there last year for 1 night, and believe me, it was NOT a good experience..

This year we have booked Summerfield, and hope our stay, tho short..(1 night..)is not a Hallowe'en terror show..

Maurie

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Airport South in January. If you like noise from the freeway and airplanes flying overhead till around midnight, it's the hotel for you! Seriously, I'd stay at the Hampton Inn.

Archived