Tickets etc

Hi all looking for a bit of advice...Sailing on the 13th July. We booked on line included travel insurance in our booking. Was sent email two days ago containing e- tickets. I have tried since then to access but no joy. Message appears stating they are having technical problems. Only items available to download are a 59 page insurance booklet and an abta cover. When I tried calling was put in a queue at 5p a minute for 45 minutes gave up ..Help!!

you should be able to print your etickets directly from a link in your ticketing email?

you can checkin online for your flights one week before flying and print off your boarding cards, if you still cant print off your etickets by then it should be okay to just make a note of your cruise booking number and take that with you to show on embarkation at the ship (or a print of the ticketing email)

Hi all looking for a bit of advice...Sailing on the 13th July. We booked on line included travel insurance in our booking. Was sent email two days ago containing e- tickets. I have tried since then to access but no joy. Message appears stating they are having technical problems. Only items available to download are a 59 page insurance booklet and an abta cover. When I tried calling was put in a queue at 5p a minute for 45 minutes gave up ..Help!!

Hi Poppy, sailing on the same day (13th July) and had the same problem. I booked on-line through CruiseDeals who are owned by Thomson because I can usually get a bit of extra discount.

Anyway we had not received our E-tickets by email by last weekend so I called the branch of (Thomson: rotherhamsuperstore@thomson-shop.co.uk) that our booking was allocated to and that I found on our order confirmation.

I asked them if they could email them to me directly, but was surprised to be told that they did not have the "Facility" to do this but they would post them to me instead. They sent them out to me by 2nd class post on Tuesday and I received delivery today but was disappointed to note that they had only sent out another "confirmation of booking" and not the E-Tickets.

So I phoned up this afternoon and complained to the manager and all of a sudden they were emailed to me 10 minutes later.

I suggest getting on the phone and start complaining.

Edited by john_l

you should be able to print your etickets directly from a link in your ticketing email?

you can checkin online for your flights one week before flying and print off your boarding cards, if you still cant print off your etickets by then it should be okay to just make a note of your cruise booking number and take that with you to show on embarkation at the ship (or a print of the ticketing email)

I usually print my tickets out through the "MyThomson" website. However, they were not showing up to today to allow me to do this. I suspect that there is some technical issues going on.

Oh, I loved the old days when you got a big thick booklet through the post with all your tickets in and holiday details without having to go on the Internet.

Excuse my ignorance - but is the E Ticket that 7 page document that Thomsons email you which includes details of your flights and accommodation etc. on page 1 ?

If I'm confusing myself - stop now and ignore the rest !!! :(

However, if it's the one I'm thinking of - the other 6 pages of it are simply a waste of paper and ink, as it is just Thomsons advertising extras to purchase and other routine stuff such as a reminder to buy their foreign currency.

The last page might be useful - if it has details of other services pre-booked, like car parking.

I read through these pages and invariably print off the first one only.

The really important stuff is your boarding pass which is on the My Booking site and can be accessed a week before your flight date.

Age and premature senile dementia is my excuse - before any incoming comments !!! :D

Edited by WeeCountyMan

I got a one page ABTA certificate with my booking last week, but then I got an email saying my reference number had changed and giving my detailed booking all over again followed by loads of their terms and conditions. At the bottom of all this bumph was a link to a 2 page ABTA certificate with the revised booking reference which it states I must take with me.

As neither the old or new booking reference will let me into my bookings I went to the TA today. They have my £25 to match the price so I thought they can print my ABTA certificate. Despite having sent me the link to it, they deny the existence of a 2 page ABTA certificate. They also say I cannot get into my booking till after August due to their computer refurb. I asked about trips, and they said I could book with them, but I will not be able to see them till after August either.

Roll on August!

WCM. I just print the front page or two of the e-ticket, and take the pages from the back of a previous one in case they are needed - they never are.

Edited by gillhalfpint

I got a one page ATOL certificate with my booking last week, but then I got an email saying my reference number had changed and giving my detailed booking all over again followed by loads of their terms and conditions. At the bottom of all this bumph was a link to a 2 page ATOL certificate with the revised booking reference which it states I must take with me.

As neither the old or new booking reference will let me into my bookings I went to the TA today. They have my £25 to match the price so I thought they can print my ATOL certificate. Despite having sent me the link to it, they deny the existence of a 2 page ATOL certificate. They also say I cannot get into my booking till after August due to their computer refurb. I asked about trips, and they said I could book with them, but I will not be able to see them till after August either.

Roll on August!

WCM. I just print the front page or two of the e-ticket, and take the pages from the back of a previous one in case they are needed - they never are.

Realised I put ABTA instead of ATOL and have tried to amend it.

I think your Abta certificate is in there somewhere too WCM which I believe we are supposed to take with us!

Well spotted Sheila, yes that is an important document - but I think it can be printed (from a link ?) without having to churn out that plethora of Thomsons advertising stuff which follows page 1 of their E-ticket ?

In fact I doubt if you even need to print off page 1 - if you have a booking number that's proof of purchase etc., sufficient to get you moving.

Thanks everyone for your help much appreciated....I have managed to retrieve my e- tickets but alas I appear to have another problem!! I purchased travel insurance at time of booking..All that appears to download is a booklet with 50 odd pages...should there not be an insurance certificate?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for your help much appreciated....I have managed to retrieve my e- tickets but alas I appear to have another problem!! I purchased travel insurance at time of booking..All that appears to download is a booklet with 50 odd pages...should there not be an insurance certificate?

Hi if you had purchased the cruise from Thomson then they should have given you the AXA Travel Insurance policy booklet which is just what the booklet is that you mentioned to download, I am going on the Dream in August and they gave me the booklet when I booked at the Thomson Office where I live, so I would if I may suggest that you may like to pop along to your nearest Thomson office to see if they would give you a copy with your booking reference as the policy number to be noted on the back page of the booklet as they do not give Insurance certificates out hope this is of some help to anyone who may be having this problem