[Civitavecchia Port, Italy] To/From Rhapsody Question

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone has a relaxing long weekend. I have a quick question and needed a sanity check:

For arrival to the Port, our flight is landing at 11AM and we are leaving at 12:45PM to go to the Port -- is that enough time to reach the Port from Rome?

For departure from the Port, I believe the ship is docking at 5AM, we are not in a suite, I think we are on the 6th or 7th deck. We would like to eat a quick breakfast and leave ASAP. What time do you think we should call for our private transfer? 8:15AM? We have a tour in central Rome at 12PM.

Thank you so much for your help and insights! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

You probably already know this but Civitavecchia is quite a long way from Rome airport. I would want to allow at least an hour to get from one to the other. In terms of cost, if you're picking up a taxi from the airport, the fixed cost is 120 euro (don't know that in dollars - maybe about the same?). We paid 150 euro a couple of weeks back, because our plane didn't get in til after midnight. For us the journey took around 45 minutes in the taxi, but it was the middle of the night - I would definitely allow a bit longer.

(we didn't pre-book a taxi - we just picked one up outside the airport. If its much cheaper, it would of course be worth you pre-booking, but if the price you're quoted is not far off 120 euro, you might be better just getting a taxi outside, because then you don't have to commit to a particular time (I agree with a previous poster that 90 minutes after your flight has landed seems way longer than you need, barring delays).

Edited to add: you never know, if you do this you might even be able to share a taxi with someone else going to the port. Its a pretty expensive journey - anything helps, right?

Edited by cb140

Why are you leaving 1 hour 45 between flight and transfer, it shouldn't take that long to clear immigration and collect your baggage?

Rome has 2 airports - Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA).

Based on my experience, customs clearance and baggage collection at FCO is slow and, as such, I would advise allowing at least 1 hour from landing :eek: - CIA is smaller and should be quicker.

Hi everyone,

For arrival to the Port, our flight is landing at 11AM and we are leaving at 12:45PM to go to the Port -- is that enough time to reach the Port from Rome?

For departure from the Port, I believe the ship is docking at 5AM, we are not in a suite, I think we are on the 6th or 7th deck. We would like to eat a quick breakfast and leave ASAP. What time do you think we should call for our private transfer? 8:15AM? We have a tour in central Rome at 12PM.

Thank you so much for your help and insights! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

For arrival - Please check status of FCO airport. They had major fire in May and terminal is not restored fully. There are major delays for non EU residents on immigration but 2 hours should be fine.

For departure - it takes about 40 minutes to get to airport (if you using private transfer - we always use Rome Cabs). 8-15 -8:30 should be fine.

Check with transfer company they know situation better and based on what they observe, tell you pick up time.

Edited by cruza