Island Princess - C728

Lanz

Originally Posted by rinkrat10 View Post

I called princess about one month ago as I was concerned about the vibration issue in the new aft cabins. I finally spoke with a supervisor who checked the complaint logs since the May 22 sailing ( after dry dock ) and according to her the only complaints that were recorded , had to due with noise coming from the teen centre! We are sailing Sept 19th, keeping my fingers crossed that any vibration won't be any worse than other ships' aft cabins!

We are in L726 (abit higher up) rinkrat10 please let us know how it goes!

Just back from the 9/7/15 med cruise on the island princess. We had cabin C 731, also one of the new cabins. The first night, the vibrations were so bad we were not able to sleep. We called passenger services and they moved us to another mini suite C 214 for the night after sending the night manager to our room to experience the vibration.

The next day, upon request, they relocated us permanently to C 214 which we had no issues with. Looked like they moved someone else to C 731 who joined the ship mid- itinerary, however not sure about that.

I have sailed in aft facing and near aft cabins before and never felt any vibration this severe. Personally, I would never book an aft cabin on the island again, however I would sail on the island again. Service was great!

Just back from the 9/7/15 med cruise on the island princess. We had cabin C 731, also one of the new cabins. The first night, the vibrations were so bad we were not able to sleep. We called passenger services and they moved us to another mini suite C 214 for the night after sending the night manager to our room to experience the vibration.

The next day, upon request, they relocated us permanently to C 214 which we had no issues with. Looked like they moved someone else to C 731 who joined the ship mid- itinerary, however not sure about that.

I have sailed in aft facing and near aft cabins before and never felt any vibration this severe. Personally, I would never book an aft cabin on the island again, however I would sail on the island again. Service was great!

Thanks so much for this information, can you tell us a little more about the vibration, calm or high seas? Was the balcony wrap around and was it covered? Anything else you can add will be much appreciated......we have to make a decision soon, I don't think Princess can fix this without major dry dock.

I was on the Island the end of July. A709 vibrates, but not as severe as some. Seas were calm the whole trip, it was felt immediately upon embarkation still tied to the dock. Difficult to sleep as it was felt mostly through the bed. Lovely Royal/Regal cabin, but I would not do it again. I just got off the Ruby in an aft-ish cabin and realized just how bad that one on the Island really was.

We just returned from the 9/7/15 sailing of the Island Princess in room C606. This was our fourth Princess cruise, but the first on the Island, and I'd hesitate to cruise on the Island in the future. The vibration in our room was terrible! The walls vibrated, the bed vibrated, but worst of all, our room had the bunks in the ceiling, and a loose screw in one of the bunks rattled all night in the vibrations. It's like we were sleeping in a machine shop! With that being said, our cruise was fantastic, but our room had a lot to be desired.

UGH thanks for the update we are on Lido Deck in the new section - its a suite hopefully the vibrations wont be as bad up there - we dont have any alternatives at this point all the suites are sold out! thanks for reporting back.

Seas were calm the night we had the vibrations. C731 Balcony was covered. Not a wrap around, but a bit larger than standard mini suites.

Thanks so appreciate your taking the time to respond to my questions. Kindest Regards

We just returned from the Sept 19 sailing, we were on the Lido deck in one of the new cabins. If was fantastic!!! I was worried about vibration issues however we barely felt anything ! Anyone who chooses aft cabins on higher up decks should not be surprised of slight vibrations. We have sailed the Regal in similar location and the Island isn't any different! We enjoyed it so much that we are booked in the same cabin for Feb, 2016. To everyone who will be sailing on the Island in the new cabins , worry not and enjoy a fabulous trip!!!!

We just returned from the Sept 19 sailing, we were on the Lido deck in one of the new cabins. If was fantastic!!! I was worried about vibration issues however we barely felt anything ! Anyone who chooses aft cabins on higher up decks should not be surprised of slight vibrations. We have sailed the Regal in similar location and the Island isn't any different! We enjoyed it so much that we are booked in the same cabin for Feb, 2016. To everyone who will be sailing on the Island in the new cabins , worry not and enjoy a fabulous trip!!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this information. Kindest Regards

Can you tell me what cabin number you were in on Lido? We are booked in one of the aft suites in a couple of weeks....Looking forward to it....

Thanks for the update we are on Lido aft facing suite as well - this takes some worry about excessive vibrations out - thank you so much