Need info on Dreams Staterooms #8462 & 8466!

mabones

We will be on the Dream this December. Does anyone have any pic's of 8462 or 8466? Can the partition be open? If so, can we request it done before we board? I heard that there is no couch or chair in #8462. Would it be possible to fit one in the room or is the space too tight?

Thanks in advance for your input. **152 more days to go***

We will be on the Dream this December. Does anyone have any pic's of 8462 or 8466? Can the partition be open? If so, can we request it done before we board? I heard that there is no couch or chair in #8462. Would it be possible to fit one in the room or is the space too tight?

Thanks in advance for your input. **152 more days to go***[/quote

the way the room is set up there is no room for a sofa or a chair. There is a "seat" located at the vanity.

FOr more space both in the cabin and the balcony I would take 8468 instead of the L shaped cabin-

Serene56: Thanks for the reply. I already booked my stateroom 8462 at a super low early saver rate in April 2014. I appreciate your information though. My Sister & BIL will be in 8466 so we will just make do.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/59/org/58848.jpg

i had this room on the Liberty. I am one of the few that did not like the room.

THe beds can not be separated. no place for them to go- one one side is the bathroom door that opens to the bed.

the one foot clearance at the foot of the bed and the 3 foot area to get dressed. (unless you dont mind the dark hallway.

I felt on top of my other half by mid week

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/59/org/58850.jpg

DH and I sailed on the Dream in 8462 this past May. There is no room for couch or chair, in fact the bathroom door cannot open all the way for hitting the bed. :) However, the balcony is awesome!. The partition between 8462 and 8460 can be opened, because it came open somehow on our cruise, the room steward had to lock it back. I put some pictures up on photo gallery, listed as Dream 8462, by americanmama, however one of the pictures is of the aft wrap next to 8462. You can tell as it is larger. Not sure if the partition to the aft wrap opens. Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Serene56...It looks like we have booked the L shape room too. Our room is 8469 C. Now I am second guessing my choice. The large balcony is what pulled me to this room. Do you have any pictures of the window? I always like balcony rooms because of the light and openness the windows gives. How many chairs were on the balcony. Thanks for the info you have given. I wished I had researched before booking. My sister in law has booked on the same floor as us and has the other L shape room.

Serene56...It looks like we booked one of the L shape rooms. Now I am second guessing my choice. The large balcony is why I choose this cabin. Do you by any chance have a picture of the window? What I like about the balcony rooms is the windows add a lot of light in. It feels larger than what is really is. What do you think...is this room kinda dark with the arrangement of the bed? I like looking out while laying in the bed. Sorry about all these questions. We have family booked in the other L shape cabin. My husband is not a small guy. He does not like tight spaces. Never had a problem with a balcony room before. Thanks in advance for the info.