Dolphin swim in Grand Cayman

erinmomof2

My family is going on our first cruise this November. My kids (8 and 11) both really want to do a dolphin swim. Looking at pricing the dolphin swim and sting ray city excursion in Grand Cayman though our cruise line (ncl) is cheaper than just doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. I've read that some like the Cozumel swim better, but haven't seen anyone mention why. Could anyone give a recommendation on which swim to do and why? I want a good experience but would love to save some money if I can.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Its been about 4-5 years now, took our 3 early to mid teens and DW to Dolphin Discovery GC (it also included the turtle farm across the street). It was a pool setting and fairly fast and commercial swim (nothing like my DW and I did in Hawaii which was a natural setting and a full 90 minutes with just us and a trainer - of course we payed out the nose for that) but with it a first for the kids and at least one being shy and hesitant it was acceptable. You did get an exposure and touching and riding, think they even feed a fish or two.

If you can swing a more natural setting and neither of your children tend to be outgoing and adventuresome, that the way to go.

Either way it will still be a good time and our kids enjoyed the turtles more that I did.