Costume Ideas

CFCruiser

I am sailing with a large group in October and a scavenger hunt is planned on board. The catch is "you must have a costume to participate". We are sailing just prior to Halloween. Any fantastic cruisecritic ideas that are simple and easy to pack?

I'd look on ebay and see what you come up with. Even if you don't buy from there, it will give you many ideas. Because they have massive amounts of baby costumes, you may want to input adult or size L or something as part of your criteria.

If you're a woman, maybe you could combo your formal attire and be one of the Disney Princesses, like Cinderella or Beauty (from Beauty and the Beast).

simple and easy to pack:

-How about getting a white sarong and put it on in such a way to so it looks like a toga? And get some fake ivy or something to wear as a crown, and some gold sandals..

-a nerd. White shirt with pocket protector with lots of pens. thick glasses with tape in the middle. pants that are too short.

-static cling.. safety pin some socks and clothing to your clothing

I like the pirate idea! Scavenger hunt sounds like a lot of fun.

Drama Queen.... could do a lot with this. I have never heard of it before it just popped into my head....must be the cold medicine? I am sure it has been though of before though. Could sew drama book covers to an old bridemaid dress. And wear a tiara (sp?).

Cereal killer. Have everyone have cereal at Windjammer for breakfast and then keep all their boxes. Pin them to a shirt and pants.

Fallen angel....white dress, red lipstick,red pumps, crooked halo...etc.

I'll keep thinking (if I can) this cold is kicking my butt at the moment :(

Bobbie

along the same lines as bobbie... there are many tongue in cheeck costumes that are easy to assemble.

static cling... just bring some safety pins and pin socks and underwear to your outer clothers.

quarter back... enlarge a copy of a quarter on heavy stock paper and pin it to your back.

smarty pants... using clear packing tape, attach many packets of smarties candies to the legs of your pants.

Crash test dummy - After! There is a commercial costume for this, but a good one can be made with sweats and tape to make the markings on it like the crash test dummies. Use bandages and fake blood to decorate. Fashion a seat belt out of webbing and an old buckle and pin in place. (or go to a junk yard as ask for an old seatbelt)

Morning Grump

"All you need is a bath robe, a coffee mug, slippers, your hair in a mess and a sign around you neck saying 'I'm not a morning person'.

A Highway

black sweatsuit

yellow craft paint or yellow tape

small plastic toy cars

Paint two solid yellow lines down the middle of the shirt, or use 2 inch pieces of yellow tape. Glue on plastic cars.

Runaway Bride: Wear a bridal gown and sneakers

Devil With A Blue Dress On: Blue dress, devil horns, devil tail, pitch fork

Chick Magnet: Attach Barbie dolls all over yourself.

Web Surfer: Dress up like a surfer and cover yourself with fake spider web stuff

Pirate and Treasure Chest: He dresses as the pirate. She wears a gold shirt, and attaches gold, silver, and pearl beads, and gold and silver chocolate coins to chest area.

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the great responses. Awesome ideas. I may sell some to my fellow cruisers for a free drink. Since there are 36 of us, I should be set for the week. Smrtypnts, this is not the ships deal, we've organized it ourselves. My sister isn't able to have her annual Halloween Party because of this cruise so she's trying to make it happen on the ship instead. By the way - we are all women - keep the ideas coming. I appreciate your help! CFCruiser

One of my all time favorites...a bag of jellybeans. Simple to pack too...all you need is a large clear bag and some balloons. Blow up some ballons, Cut some holes in the bottom of the bag for your legs and stuff the balloons into your bag with you...tie at the top...wala, you're done! Who can resist candy for Halloween?

My daughter did that the last year she evr trick or treated, maybe when she was 15.It was so cute. She is very petite, so could getaway with trick or treating until she was way over. It took about 2 hours to blow up all those balloons betwen answering the door, calmingthedogandblowing. Good luck, but very cute, Nancy

Since there's so many of you, How about a group costume?

-snow white and the seven dwarves (but time consuming to make costumes)

-smurfs

-spice girls

-village people YMCA

-miss america contestants (all you need is the sash, and the formal dress)

In 1994 there were 7 of us on the Song of America to Bermuda. We dressed up like the characters of Gilligan's Island. This was a big hit and very easy to do as most of the clothes you would have anyway. We just had to get a few hats. The kicker was I (male) was dressed up as Ginger. That was great for some laughs.

This would be an easy costume!

You could be a plastic surgery patient. Get two hospital gowns and wear one forward and one backward to hide your hiney. Or just use one and pin the back shut. Put one of those green hospital hairnet things on and the blue shoe cover booties or slippers. Get a purple pen and draw lines on your face like you are going to have a facelift.

If you are with someone, the other person could dress as a doctor in scrubs, face mask, and paper hat and wear the blue shoe cover booties. Other props could come from a kid's play doctor kit.

Another one for two people: Go as a car wash! This may be time consuming beforehand, but easy to pack and won't wrinkle. Cut lots of strips of cloth (2" x 12") or so and pin, slipstitch, or velcro them all over matching sweatsuits. The more the better. Do the same to a ski hat or shower cap. Walk next to each other and then spin around! I think that would look hilarious! You could even sip water and hold it in your mouth and when someone walks between you, spin and spit the water on them! Ha! :eek: Just kidding. :D You could use a spray bottle if people wouldn't get mad.

What about that?

Archived