My Bahamian House Excursion

NotMyRealName25

Hello!

We're sailing the Carnival Fascination in November to Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. I just booked this excursion called My Bahamian House on a whim, but I don't feel like the description was very...descriptive. Has anyone been on this excursion before? If so, what can you tell me about it? Are the food and drinks included?

Thanks for your insight!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are thinking of doing this in January. Anyone know if the water and air temperature will be warm enough still?

I was in Freeport in January of 2014. We were able to sit out on the beach in our bathing suits, but it was not hot. Only my feet made it into the water. It was still beautiful. It may be warmer on the canal where the house is located.

Edited by mawvkysc

Hello!

We're sailing the Carnival Fascination in November to Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. I just booked this excursion called My Bahamian House on a whim, but I don't feel like the description was very...descriptive. Has anyone been on this excursion before? If so, what can you tell me about it? Are the food and drinks included?

Thanks for your insight!

We have this booked for our Sunshine trip next month - I will come back and let you know how it was....from what I have read, it looks great

• 2 months later...
Awesome! Enjoy your cruise! I can't wait to hear about this excursion!

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you - reality hit and it was back to work for us.....

This excursion was one of the BEST we have done in any of our cruises. The bus rid there was not long, the house was adorable, the staff was pleasant - we grabbed a table and relaxed for a bit; the chef came over and asked what we wanted for lunch - chicken or fish (also had a children's menu) or you could have a combo. The food was sooo good!

We used the paddle boards, had a blast. Took a kayak with my niece (13) and she had so much fun; it was her first time. We snorkeled for a bit and even walked across the street and went in the ocean!

The bar area at the house was so cool - right along the canal and included run drinks, beer and soda/water - there was no limit and the bartender was GREAT

We have never been a fan or Freeport, been there lots of times, we will return to this excursion anytime we cruise the Freeport .......

If you have any additional questions, let me know

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you - reality hit and it was back to work for us.....

This excursion was one of the BEST we have done in any of our cruises. The bus rid there was not long, the house was adorable, the staff was pleasant - we grabbed a table and relaxed for a bit; the chef came over and asked what we wanted for lunch - chicken or fish (also had a children's menu) or you could have a combo. The food was sooo good!

We used the paddle boards, had a blast. Took a kayak with my niece (13) and she had so much fun; it was her first time. We snorkeled for a bit and even walked across the street and went in the ocean!

The bar area at the house was so cool - right along the canal and included run drinks, beer and soda/water - there was no limit and the bartender was GREAT

We have never been a fan or Freeport, been there lots of times, we will return to this excursion anytime we cruise the Freeport .......

If you have any additional questions, let me know

This sounds fantastic! We leave on the 2nd, so just a couple more weeks! We can't wait!

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi. The vehicle we went in held about 20 people, with those little seats that fold out in the aisle. It wasn't too difficult to get to the beach, but if you're in a wheelchair you couldn't make it. It's a short walk down the road (like if you were walking in your own neighborhood to a house a few doors down) and then down this clearing, grass and some rocks so wear shoes! Then there's a couple steps down a rock (sort of hard to explain, but you couldn't do it if you can't do stairs) and then you're on the beach!! And it's a beautiful beach!

Hi. The vehicle we went in held about 20 people, with those little seats that fold out in the aisle. It wasn't too difficult to get to the beach, but if you're in a wheelchair you couldn't make it. It's a short walk down the road (like if you were walking in your own neighborhood to a house a few doors down) and then down this clearing, grass and some rocks so wear shoes! Then there's a couple steps down a rock (sort of hard to explain, but you couldn't do it if you can't do stairs) and then you're on the beach!! And it's a beautiful beach!

Thank you for the great information!

I'll add to this and say the bus was a very comfortable ride, AC and not crowded about 30 people on the bus.

My mom traveled with us and is disabled, we guided her to the beach with her cane. Also she went in and snorkeled, they were great about getting her down the stairs and into the canal (right at the house) and then helped her out of the water - as she put it - it was the BEST experience she has ever had.