Platinum during cruise

LTS1960

You come to a blog to ask a question about a platinum member? When all you had to do is call Carnival cruise custom service @ 1 (800) 764-7419 to get a TRUE answer!!!! When you get 25 different answers here..... :whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass:

Yet when I ring Carnival I get just as many different responses!

So far I have been told that no you cannot get priority boarding as your status does not change until you are physically on the ship,

Then I rang just now again and was told that I can't combine my US and Aus cruises to get my days at sea (if that is the case, not sure how I can be up to 70 days then as stated on my account, nor how I was gold upon my first US cruise?)

When I questioned she said I actually can't see your details you will have to ask your TA. I understand that she can't help with the actual cruise, that is ok, it's a generic question I had though. Oh well, I have to wait till then I guess.

Just adding I called the number on the Aus site which transfers to the US.

Yet when I ring Carnival I get just as many different responses!

So far I have been told that no you cannot get priority boarding as your status does not change until you are physically on the ship,

Then I rang just now again and was told that I can't combine my US and Aus cruises to get my days at sea (if that is the case, not sure how I can be up to 70 days then as stated on my account, nor how I was gold upon my first US cruise?)

When I questioned she said I actually can't see your details you will have to ask your TA. I understand that she can't help with the actual cruise, that is ok, it's a generic question I had though. Oh well, I have to wait till then I guess.

Just adding I called the number on the Aus site which transfers to the US.

DAYUM....... You are confused I would be too! :confused:

Just go and hope for the best......

• 2 years later...

Can someone check my math?

I'm at 37 points now. If I do a 6 night, 7 night, 10 night, and 15 night, then I'll have my 75th night on the last night of the last cruise and get Plat benefits for it? It's not 75 nights THEN Platinum on the next one, right?

I'm pretty sure I understand this, I just want to be 100% sure.