Tampa Airport to Tampa Port

smrtypnts

We're flying in the night before embarkation and plan on staying at La Quinta Inn Tampa Airport. The inn provides free shuttles from the airport to the hotel. They also provide a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $20pp. We have 4 in our group and feel it would probably be more economical to take a taxi or something else.

#1 Can you recommend a service or taxi company?

#2 Do you know anything about this hotel ... yah or nah?

Thanks, in advance.:)

We've used Embassy Limo from and to the airport and been very happy. Website is www.limoworld.com. I know they charge approx $65 for a one-way trip including gratuity. They use luxury sedans. Price is not per person.

I'm not certain of the max occupancy of the cabs. It might be 4 including the driver so if you have 4 in your party you'd need an additional one. I know this is true in Massachusetts (where I grew up). Don't take enough cabs to know what the rules are here in Tampa.

We've used Embassy Limo from and to the airport and been very happy. Website is www.limoworld.com. I know they charge approx $65 for a one-way trip including gratuity. They use luxury sedans. Price is not per person.

$65 is probably a bit more than I had hoped to spend just to go a couple or a few miles. For me limos are a real luxury with a luxury price tag.:o Thanks for the help, though.

Just to let you know - Tampa Airport is a little ways away from the Pier. It is not right next door. There is Yellow Cab which would probably be reasonable. You could ask for a minivan when requesting a cab so they can be prepared to accomodate all of you plus luggage. The pier is past / in the downtown channelside area in Tampa and the Airport is more on the outskirts of town - probably 10 minutes away. So not far but the Pier is downtown.

Well I have no idea how far your hotel is from the cruiseship but if you took the free shuttle back to the airport-it is around $20 plus tip for a taxi from the cruiseport to the airport. Si I am guessing the same price for the reverse direction. At least that is what it cost us for 3 people back in Dec. 2003.

Now we stayed at Embassy Suites and they provided a taxi for us that cost $25 extra-this was their "cruise package" then we found out we could have called a taxi ourselves and it would have cost us around $15. Live and learn I say.

Well, I emailed TampaBayShuttle, as their website shows taxis, vans, limos......everything a person could want, but they've yet to return my email.:confused: That was 2 days ago, so I'll give it a little more time and then maybe I'll call them.

Thank you to everyone who responded with great tips. I appreciate it!:)

Archived