Try Kayakking in Halifax

Steve&Karen

Well we too are just home from the Enchnatment 9/11

We had a blast and will post our review on the main RC thread later today. But I have to say that my favorite thing ever was the kayakking in Halifax. It was amazing!!! Our guide was GREAT and the scenery was unbelievable!!

We booked this one through the ship and was not at all disappointed.

Easy and fun thing to do and sure beats a day on a bus.

I cant wait to go back........

Did you kayak in the ocean, or in one of those spectacular bays? DW and I are avid Kayakers, and we had planned to paddle in Martha's Vineyard...we booked the "Peggy's Cove by land and sea tour", but the whole way back from Peggy's Cove we were looking out the bus windows longingly at all those wonderful places to paddle...we are thinking of cruising the route again next summer with HAL (Montreal to Boston), in part so we can paddle in Halifax and Bar Harbor this time around! Glad you enjoyed the cruise too...it's a bummer to be back at work today.

So glad to hear the awesome review of kayaking in Halifax. I'd been wondering about this and posted a question about it on the Canada board but I didn't get any responses. I am booked to do some kayaking with novashores when I get to Halifax. Can't wait. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I rented a car so that I could drive to the kayak place and still have the flexibility to explore on my own.

I thought the day would never come. My first ever cruise leaves tomorrow. :D

Sorry whalewatcher I didnt read the replies until today. Yes we kayaked in the ocean and the weather was perfect. It was a real low tide and so we were able to go pretty far out. Even our guide said it was unusual to be able to go where we did. It was about a 1/2 hour bus ride from where the ship docked so it was pretty secluded. Yes I am already dreaming of going back too, I really loved the area in the east coast.

We were bummed about Marthas Vineyard too We had a tandem bike booked for that day. Well back to chores........Karen~

whale-watcher did you enjoy the Peggy's cove tour? we are about to set-up a private tour for 3.5 hours or longer and now my friend is saying she really isn't a tour sort of person so I'm nervous. We would just wonder around if we don't have a tour set-up.
Peggy's Cove was really beautiful. We made the trip there by boat, which was fun, but the return trip was by bus. I think a private tour would be enjoyabale, as you could stop along the way if you wished, and I would also consider renting a car, although driving in Halifax seemed a bit complicated. Just make sure you have plenty of time to poke around peggy's cove itself -- lots wonderful photos to take (old houses, fishing boats, stacks of lobster traps, and of course, the coast and lighthouse itself!).

• 3 months later...

i would like to do this but is it too cold in the middle of sept. the tour sounds fantastic but the weather and temp of the water is a big factor. and i am a total novice to kayaking. can you tell me what month you did this and did you get cold. i am only going to take one big adventure and i would choose this one if it is not too cold. it would be the one in halafax the middle of sept. thanks for any help.

Archived