St Kitts

bluerose1515

Thanks first to OP for posting this thread!

And to CocoCandy for their valuable info!

CocoCandy, since you lived there, I wanted to ask you a few questions:

Have been to Frigate Bay Beach in 2008, but this was prior to developing a shellfish allergy to shrimp, crab, and lobster. Do you know if island restaurants such as Cathy's are experienced with preparing food for people with food allergies (such as avoiding cross-contamination during preparation)?

Also, we had been considering Cockleshell Beach as well, but I read reviews citing the presence of free-roaming animals such as a goat, a boar, monkeys who will steal your drinks, and many feral cats. My traveling companions would be adverse to this--especially if the animals are doing their "business" all over. Any firsthand knowledge/advice regarding Cockleshell?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if restaurants on St. Kitts are experienced with preparing food for people with food allergies. It is probably best to google the name of the restaurant you are thinking of visiting and contact them directly with that question :)

I never had any trouble with any animals bothering me while visiting Cockleshell Beach. The only animal I saw during my visits to the beach was a pig called Wilbur. He had a pen though and was always laying down in the shade the times I visited that beach. I didn't see any animal droppings when I visited the beach.

Hope you have a great time!