Getting to pier for Carribean Princess?

dewla

Wondering how to get to the ship. We are a party of 8. Four people live there and we are flying in the day before and staying with my mom. Is there a shuttle we can hire to take all of us and our luggage? We do not want ship transfers through Princess. Do not think the car is big enough!

THanks,
Laura
Carribean Princess 6/5/2004

You might want to consider Supper Shuttle. I think they also take to the pier....that way you are all in a van.

Also, don't know what you want to spend but my family of 6 is renting a limo to pick us up at one house & drop off at the pier and then the reverse the following Sat when we come off the CP. Total cost is about $170.00. That is the cost, service fee, port fee, and gratuity for round trip. We are all together and don't need to worry about drving & all. You might want to consider this too.

Tina

Upcoming voyages:
Carnival Fascination May 14
Caribbean Princess June 12

Carnival- 7 voyages
Celebrity- 3 voyages
NCL- 2 voyages
Princess- 2 voyage
Royal Caribbean- 7 voyages

I am traveling with a party of four - we usually take the transfer option with the cruise line, only it always seems like a hassel with the return trip to the airport. If we opt for taking a taxi to the pier, what about returning? Is there a taxi stand right outside the pier with enough Taxi's waiting?

we were family of 5 with 8 pieces of luggage..from the wyndham airport hotel we took shuttle service, they charged $8 pp to pier..on way back, we grabbed a taxi at port who managed to fit us all in..he quoted me $13 total to airport and when we arrived at airport he said since it was continental and not a far drive terminal, he only wanted $11...think that was the biggest bargin of the cruise

What port? What airport?

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968
USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970
Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda
Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"
Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb [url="http://www.geocities.com/fsbsdel"]www.geocities.com/fsbsdel[/url]

Thanks! I had thought about a limo. It would hold the 8 of us, but not all our luggage! We will stay at my mom's the night we get in. Not at the airport....
Maybe we should get 2 van taxis??

Thanks,
Laura

CP 6/5/04

From FLL to the port and back to the airport, take a TAXI! It is cheaper than a shuttle. Getting back to the airport, do you want to be arriving with many others at the same time? There are loads of taxi's at port. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

We live in Florida and use a company called Cruise Connection. We usually make the the round trip reservation with the company through the cruise line(it's a bit cheaper that way), but you can make a reservation on your own. One problem, though, is that they pick up at various neighborhood MacDonald's and you would have to find a way to one of those. They have an 800 number listed, so you can call 800 information for that. If you are going directly back to the airport after the cruise, then I would take a cab.

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000
GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001
GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002
HAL NOORDAM - 2002
HAL VOLENDAM - 2003
ISLAND PRINCESS - NOV. 2003
HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004
CORAL PRINCESS - OCT. 2004

Archived