Just got a call from the Upgrade Fairy for Carnival Legend

kmarcin

While working from home this morning, I got a call from the Upgrade Fairy (her name was Natasha) for our 7-night Alaskan cruise on the Legend departing next Tuesday. Here are the details:

Current reservation - two inside cabins (6307 and 6311) for me and my son in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the other.

Offer - $400 total for an upgrade to a Grand Suite (6182). I was told that it is handicap accessible, 300 sq ft in the room plus 115 sq ft balcony.

I am intrigued by the offer, but we are travelling with my in-laws who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and their balcony room is right across the hall from our two inside cabins (they wanted to be close to us).

I will probably decline the offer based upon being further away from the in-laws, it will be better to have separate rooms (I snore so I won't bother my wife and daughter), plus we will then have $400 more to spend on the cruise ship.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments/thoughts on the upgrade offer.

Thanks.

Keith

While working from home this morning, I got a call from the Upgrade Fairy (her name was Natasha) for our 7-night Alaskan cruise on the Legend departing next Tuesday. Here are the details:

Current reservation - two inside cabins (6307 and 6311) for me and my son in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the other.

Offer - $400 total for an upgrade to a Grand Suite (6182). I was told that it is handicap accessible, 300 sq ft in the room plus 115 sq ft balcony.

I am intrigued by the offer, but we are travelling with my in-laws who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and their balcony room is right across the hall from our two inside cabins (they wanted to be close to us).

I will probably decline the offer based upon being further away from the in-laws, it will be better to have separate rooms (I snore so I won't bother my wife and daughter), plus we will then have $400 more to spend on the cruise ship.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments/thoughts on the upgrade offer.

Thanks.

Keith

keep the 2 cabins, $400 and the 2 bathrooms :)

It's an UPSELL call, not an upgrade fairy.

Sounds like you have pros and cons with the offer. Good luck.

I understand what Carnival is doing with the offer. I was just using language others have used in the past. Thanks for your comments.

Look at it this way...you are giving up 370 sq ft of space in the two interior cabins which is 92.5 sq ft per person for one room at 300 sq ft or 75 sq ft per person. But, you get a balcony. I like the space more than the balcony since that 115 sq ft costs $3.47/sq ft. So, I would keep my $400 and be happy! :D

Edited by cdavid46