Deluxe Ocean View or Balcony?

paddycake

We booked the 10 day June 2016 sailing in a midship balcony cabin and I'm starting to rethink our cabin choice. We are a family of 3 adults and I am beginning to question the use of the balcony since the cruise is port intensive vs having the extra washroom and square footage of the deluxe ocean view. Which would you choose and why? The deluxe ocean view is located either deck 2 or deck 3 forward. The balcony is located midship deck 7. Help me decide!:

We love balconies. However, with a Port intensive cruise like Europe we would choose the Outside cabin. The outside is probably cheaper which give you extra money to spend on excursions. We are looking at doing a 12 day British Isle cruise on Princess for 2016 and will go with an inside cabin on that cruise with only 1 day at sea.

You will probably get various feedback since balconies is a very nice cabin to have but like you said the extra washroom would come in handy since you have 3 adults in the cabin,IMO.

We went with lido balcony to maximize enjoyment time. I hope to still enjoy the balcony every morning and evening and will love watching sail away every day from there.

I could see either way though, ocean view does give you more funds to enjoy the ports, but I personally wanted the balcony to enjoy the beautiful sights, it's our first trip to Europe.