Any weather expert out there? Need advice

angelsop99

with Rita they are wise to start closing & evacuating folks starting today with 80 buses, something NO should have done with their 200 buses that just flooded. Folks that book cruises in hurricane season have the ole "Act of God" cancelling things with no recourse. I feel we will use all the alphabet this year. So get Bonine so you are not sea sick, you may miss ports since tendering will be impossible, but enjoy what you get. You may luck out!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll do what I can. I am assuming you are on Navigator of the seas, departing Sat from Mia.

Rita will be striking Texas coast (God help them) by then so not a problem for your departure, and not close enough now to adversely affect the port itself as far as damages.

Philippe is going far east of you, and also not a problem for you.

There is another tropical 'strong wave' in the mid-south Atlantic. Not even a 'disturbance' at this point. It did show as a 'disturbance' a few days ago, but not now. It may or may not become something stronger, but no one can even guess at this point.

So as far as what we see now, you should be fine. If you want to keep up to date information, here are a few sites I look at.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/ this site has all the 5 day tracking maps, sat maps, up to the minute discussions by the pros, and the various computer models of potential tracks.

also the National Hurricane Center site at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

has all the maps of tracks. I also like to look there at the Mariner's 1-2-3 rule map that shows new disturbances that might become something.

If you really want to get paranoid, there is an accuweather site that even highlights the 'strong waves' that might turn into 'disturbances'.

Bottom line, so far so good for your voyage. I really hope things go well for you. I lost 2 days off a 7 day cruise last year due to hurricanes, but the 5 day was wonderful. And here I am again leaving from FLL on the day you return to Miami.

Smooth sailing!

Hurricane Kyle went round Bermuda several times before hitting. We took Bonine about 2 days before leaving, and took it the whole time. We hit 20 ft waves, and plently of people got sick, we were fine. Once in Bermuda, we had beautiful weather, only rained a bit the last day. Bottom line? Take Bonine, less drowsy and works. You will have fun and get a vaca even if it's a 'mystery cruise'

Archived