PHOTO REVIEW~Freedom, the 4th, and my 40th!

Martini Mom

Thanks for the great review. I will be on the Dream April 10th with the same itinerary. I'm now sold on LFK. :)

I love that place, as you can tell ;). There are so many little nooks that I didn't have time to explore. Guess I'll have to go back :) Have fun on the Dream!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the effort put in on this review. We have not been on Carnival in 13 years, so this is a great update to what we can expect on our cruise. Appreciate the time and effort on the review, the review is very helpful!

Thank you for the effort put in on this review. We have not been on Carnival in 13 years, so this is a great update to what we can expect on our cruise. Appreciate the time and effort on the review, the review is very helpful!

Thanks very much! Glad it's been helpful :)

Loved your review!

We are booked with LFK next month and your photos have us super excited to get there!

Your review also has me wanting to sail the Freedom now! Great photos, great review! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. I'm glad it was helpful :) I wish I was there now!

Martini Mom,

Loved your review and spectacular photos. I am booked in your cabin #7336 on the Freedom, sailing Aug 29 from Galveston! I was so excited to see photos of the cabin. Your review also convinced me to reserve admission to Nachi Cocom.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort your put into the review.

Best wishes to you.

C.

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful! Wish we could have stayed her and swam a bit. We were quickly herded from place to place.

20150708_102743_zpsqouspyi7.jpg

It took a little bit to get the tubes grouped together. They were trying to get families and groups in the same bunch. It was a little disorganized. They finally added Mike and I to the front of the last group (they carabiner them together). Mike just gave me a look...the guide for our bunch was the annoying guy from the bus. There were about 3 other guides. He's also about 5 feet tall, maybe. That will come into play soon....

20150708_111958_zpsoe7shqha.jpg

20150708_112129_zpsex2eewq8.jpg

A pic taken over my head of the rest of our group

20150708_114809_zpsonyyjwoa.jpg

It was a busy day there, so groups from all different vendors were stacking up and bumping into each other. It reminded me of the It's a Small World ride when all of the boats back up. ;)

I was researching a few of the cavetubing places and read that a couple have a higher back/head rest. Looking at your pictures, especially the lady on the left in your last picture, she looks so VERY uncomfortable and I wondered if maybe she just isn't sitting in the tube correctly or is she not supported well enough. As a senior I get uncomfortable really quickly if my back and head can't be supported.

Martini Mom,

Loved your review and spectacular photos. I am booked in your cabin #7336 on the Freedom, sailing Aug 29 from Galveston! I was so excited to see photos of the cabin. Your review also convinced me to reserve admission to Nachi Cocom.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort your put into the review.

Best wishes to you.

C.

Have fun! Wish I was there now :)

I was researching a few of the cavetubing places and read that a couple have a higher back/head rest. Looking at your pictures, especially the lady on the left in your last picture, she looks so VERY uncomfortable and I wondered if maybe she just isn't sitting in the tube correctly or is she not supported well enough. As a senior I get uncomfortable really quickly if my back and head can't be supported.

I noticed that too. I think she just wasn't sitting right. It takes a little adjustment to find the right spot while wearing a life jacket. :)

Can you tell me which vendor you chose for Little French Key? We'd like to visit but Princess doesnt offer a trip to the little french key island and I cant find much online

You can only book it directly through them at Little French Key dot com.

Glad to see what looks like new paddles! When we were there at the end of May, they all seemed to be cut in half so that you had a short paddle which didn't really work. I'm pretty sure they allow more than 100 guests, and it was quite crowded the day we were there with 2 ships at port, but your pictures look very nicely un-crowded! I think it's a good option with 1 ship in port, but the place loses much of its appeal when it's over-crowded.

I just booked Nachi for Thanksgiving week and there are going to be 4 other ships in port, ours is the last to arrive. I really hope it is not overcrowded and that there are more than 100 visitors because I might get upset if I don't get lounge chairs :-(

I just booked Nachi for Thanksgiving week and there are going to be 4 other ships in port, ours is the last to arrive. I really hope it is not overcrowded and that there are more than 100 visitors because I might get upset if I don't get lounge chairs :-(

The Paradise passengers arrived to Nachi much later than us and they still had loungers to spare. Honestly though, I spent very little time in mine. I was either in the ocean, the pool, or eating lunch in the restaurant.

MartiniMom, just wanted to tell you again how much I loved your review. I just finished reading it for the 3rd time!! We will be on the Freedom on December 12, and at Nachi Cocom on December 14, and I'm so excited!! Thanks again for taking the time to put this wonderful review together!

I noticed that they still have the Indian vegetarian entrée on the American Table menus! That makes me so happy, because that was the one dish in the old MDR that I could usually count on to be very good. I'm glad to see it made it onto the American Table menus, too!

I noticed that they still have the Indian vegetarian entrée on the American Table menus! That makes me so happy, because that was the one dish in the old MDR that I could usually count on to be very good. I'm glad to see it made it onto the American Table menus, too!

I enjoyed the American Table Indian vegetarian earlier this month on the Freedom. It was delicious.

Carnival knows how to prepare Indian menus right!

BTW, my head waiter was from India. When he learned how much I enjoyed the Indian dishes, he took very good care of me bringing extra raita, papadum and various chutneys that weren't on the menu.

We kept walking past the nice stores and found the taxi stand. Prices were clearly posted. No need to haggle and no worries about getting ripped of by a driver. I think our taxi to Nachi Cocom was $17 for 2-4 people. We gave him a $20 and called it good. The drivers, just like everywhere else in Mexico, are nuts! I thought we'd crash the whole time.

After a short while, we made it to the place we'd made online reservations at, Nachi Cocom. We were looking at them as well as Mr. Sanchos. We chose NC because it had a rep for being quieter, less party like, and less families. It was! We paid a small deposit online and paid the balance upon arrival. We chose the all inclusive option, so we'd have unlimited drinks of all kinds and a big lunch. We were quickly shown around the grounds, then asked where we'd like to sit. We chose 2 chairs under a palapa and he immediately took our drink order. This was going to be a welcome day of relaxation after the go go go of yesterday. :)

20150709_075927_zpswl7fp60a.jpg

20150709_080635_zpsap8uhxvk.jpg

Looking up at our palapa

20150709_081047_zpscmp9ribm.jpg

Already settling in

20150709_081946_zpsy3l0gydl.jpg

Watching him check out the water from my chair. Btw moms, this beach DOES have a big drop off and the sand is "squishy." One of our new friends fell trying to get out of the water.

20150709_082711_zpstfgisikn.jpg

We love Nachi, we have been there 3 times. Great review, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...