Kids Club Question

tbrenk

We are trying to plan a cruise with friends of ours. At the time of the cruise, my son will be 5 1/2 and our friends son will be 6 and their daughter will be 8.

I have notced that most kids clubs are for ages 3-5 and then 6-8. Would they allow my son into the 6-8 so he could be with his friends?

Unfortunately, nobody is going to be able to tell you what will happen on your cruise. It is up to the cruise counselors on your cruise so you won't know until you are on board and ask them. If you call up the cruiseline, they will probably tell you "no problem"; but they are not the ones in charge of the program. The Carnival cruises we have been on have been very strict with the age groups. Other posters will tell you that they were able to move their child up. In some cases, they will allow the older children to move down. This might work for you; if they won't move your son up, maybe his friend can move down. As far as his 8 year old sister, she will meet other girls her age and have a great time. She might be happy to be away from her brother for a little while.;)

In any case, I hope everything works out for you. Attend the first night's meeting for the kids program, listen to the presentation, and, if need be, ask a counselor about your son and his friend. Don't be frantic, stay calm and you might get somewhere (we've seen the frantic moms storm the counselors demanding their child be moved to another group---on that cruise, no exceptions were made). Let everyone know, in advance, that there might be an issue with this so there won't be any surprises (your friends and the kids).

we have had great experiences with the kids clubs. The youth staff are usually very accommodating. Depending on how children are in the program they sometimes group them together. The age difference is only two years and if you explain they are travelling together I am sure they will try to work something out. As for your daughter, sometimes it is good for the siblings to be seperate at time. Most of the youth staff having teaching degrees so they are equipped to handle anything.

Hope this helps.

Anna

Archived