A joke for Captain Romano

SetmySails

Hi Cruisers. I am new to these boards and have been having a lot of fun reading your posts. I can see there are some really fun cruisers out there and being a bit of a practical joker, myself need a little help pulling off a joke on Captain Romano. My last cruise was on the CB this summer. DH and I had the pleasure of meeting Captain Romano and learned first hand that he loves to tell jokes and has a great sense of humor. So, I have this idea...

What if he heard the same joke several times on one cruise and then on subsequent cruises from various passengers! I think he'd get a big kick out of it. My husband and I have done this for ten years to a shop owner we met in Greece. Everytime we have friends travel to Athens they stop by and tell him the joke. He's now heard the joke about 16 times from our friends who tell their friends and so on. He gets a huge laugh out of it and brings back great memories for everyone. So, I thought we could try it on the Captain.

So here's the joke and I hope many of you will be game to join in. Mind you it's very corny but intentionally so because it makes it all the more memorable.

What did the grape say when it got stepped on?

Nothing, it just made a little whine! :D

(Come on, I know some of you laughed!). So all those who are game, next time you see Captain Romano on board tell him the joke. And write in and let us know his reaction! He's such a nice man, I'm sure he'd appreciate the humor in it.

I'm game!! :D I'll be sailing with him on the 10/15 Eastern.

I met Capt. Romano... ohhhh, many years ago (maybe 17 or 18 years ago) when he was a Staff Capt. I do remember him being very funny and witty.... he was telling jokes back then too! :)

I will post when I get home and tell you his reaction... if we get a few people to do this, it should be fun... and right up his alley!!

I love that idea... Captain Romano is one of my favourite Princess captains... we have sailed with him twice...once years ago on the old Star Princess and last October on Caribbean Princess....

Please report back :)

Emmy

Archived