dinner on balcony onboard ventura

tinsoldier

Hi

Very excited about going on N528 aboard Ventura for our honeymoon on 27th Sep. Looking on the P&O website I've found a room service menu but we would ideally like to be able to have a full dinner one evening on our balcony. We're quite happy to pay extra if needed but not sure if this is something that P&O offer or if we're limited to the 'snacks' that are on the room service menu.

Thanks for any info you may have.

I believe it's only suites that can have diner on the balcony.

I can recommend you try the continental breakfast in your cabin one morning. The orange juice is lovey and fresh coffee. You just order the night before via room service. :)

The only limitation on this is the room service menu and the fact that you'll be eating on lap trays rather than sat at a table, unless your in a suite and have the room.

There are three course meals on room service if you use a little imagination and are not expecting the same as the MDR.

A little imagination, battery operated frameless candles, pate and crackers for starters, they used to do a nice spaghetti bols on oceana's room service and apple pie for dessert, even cheese and crackers to go with the port I keep by the tea and coffee supplies.

The room service menus are more extensive than the sample one on the website. I agree with the previous posting about breakfast, I really enjoy sailing into Tortola in the Carib in the morning with a continental breakfast, peace quiet and fresh brewed coffee.

The only thing I will say is instead of ordering champagne breakfast, take your own champagne and just order room service continental breakfast.

Have a lovely time. X h

3rded. Continetal breakfast room service is great for port days (((until someone starts being a jerk and removes the card from your door......)))

Is there are a charge for room service? I'm not stingy but like to know about these things before I find I'm charged a fortune. And is it necessary to tip the room service deliverer or is that down to the amount that is charged automatically to your account?

Is there are a charge for room service? I'm not stingy but like to know about these things before I find I'm charged a fortune. And is it necessary to tip the room service deliverer or is that down to the amount that is charged automatically to your account?

We normally tip the staff who bring the room service between 50p/£1/$1/€1 or whatever is to hand. They are very appreciative of this as I suspect a lot of passengers don't bother.

Most items are free on the menu (continenfal breakfast is) but some come with a supplement (ie £2 for Cheese & Biscuits). The menu is okay but not as good as RCI or Cunard by a long way.

Most of the items on room service are free and those that aren't it tells you in the menu. You wont get caught out.

£1 tip is good but be quick, our last young lady that delivered our continental breakfast was in and out so quick.