Native Way/Turtle Farm Question

noahsark99

I was looking at the Stingray/Island Tour with Native Way and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is an additional charge at the Turtle Farm. I know that with Captain Marvin's you pay a discounted admission fee to the Turtle Farm in addition to the tour cost. I emailed Native Way but didn't get a response to that question. I think it's a nominal fee to get in but I just want to make sure we budget for it. Thanks

Overall the tour was great and I would recommend the island tour to people who have not seen GC before. The snorkeling I would recommend to anyone!

Our(there were 6 of us) tour was the Island tour/Stingrays. Nativeway offered to add coral gardens for an extra $5 and we did that and are very glad we did.

We met on the dock at 8:15 waited until about 8:40 to board the bus because not everyone showed and they waited a bit for others to show up.

We were taken to the Yacht club to board the Sea Spirit. I don't recall our guides name but he was a native of GC and very knowledgeable. Our captain was from Honduras and there was also a video photographer on the boat. There were approx 20 of us on the boat.

First stop was Stingray Sandbar. Both the guide and the Captain got out of the boat and gathered up rays for folks to pet and get pictures taken.

Second stop was Coral Gardens. Only our guide got into the water while the captain kept the boat near the snorkelers. During the reef snorkeling the guide coaxed a Moray Eel and a nurse shark out of the coral and we also got up close to a barracuda. Tons of fish and things to see. If you snorkel make sure you do a reef snorkel with the stingrays.

Once the snorkeling was done about 15 people took the island tour.

We had the same guide as on the boat and the bus driver was the owner of the company.

This part of the tour could have been better if the bus had speakers and the guide had a mic and narrated the tour. He was more than willing to answer any and all questions about the island. However he did point out a few things along the way.

We saw the Governors house and the conch house while driving around.

Stops were at Hell, Turtle Farm and Tortuga Rum.

Hell was old rock formations and a gift shop. The Turtle Farm was pretty neat but again more explantions would have helped to understand what they are doing with the turtles instead of just walking us thru the tanks. I heard other guides giving tours explaining what they do with the turtles and why.

Nativeway's website says you visit the Tortuga Rum Factory but we did not. We were taken to their gift shop only. You could sample the rum and the cakes but I wanted to see the factory.

All in all our guide was very knowledgeable about the island and the tour but you had to ask most of the time if you wanted to know something.

Everyone from Nativeway that we dealt with was great and did a great job with our group. We all gave them thumbs up.

Clint

Archived