Change in cruise price

avenger71

I noticed the other day that the price of our cruise went down by $20. I know not so much, but $20 is $20, right? I filled out the form and e-mailed it to Carnival. They replied stating that they accepted my form and that there would be a price change in an e-mail. I received the e-mail only to find out that they charged us $20 MORE for our cruise (I think because we are on Lido and it now looks like they are charging more for those cabins?) and added $30 to our OBC. Has anyone ever experienced this before? If so, what did you do? All in all, it's still an extra $10 but I was just wondering if anyone had this happen before.

port fees and taxes may have increased. I always look at that before submitting for a price drop. You can do a mock booking to see the port fees and taxes.

Back before the ES form, i called in once for a price drop and the increase in port fees and taxes negated the price drop so i told them i would keep my current price.

port fees and taxes may have increased. I always look at that before submitting for a price drop. You can do a mock booking to see the port fees and taxes.

Back before the ES form, i called in once for a price drop and the increase in port fees and taxes negated the price drop so i told them i would keep my current price.

I did do a mock booking. I guess I need to call them. Thanks!