Can you bring food on ship

mom1965

I was behind a lady when we were boarding the ship in Key West and she had two Styrofoam containers of hot food. Security would not let her board with the food and she was furious. She sat down near the gangway and proceeded to shovel the food into her mouth.

Hahaha! I've seen this happen too. People choking down $10 worth of food just to rush back on board a ship with all the food you could ever want. Lol

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What Carnival says about taking food onboard (enforcement may vary)

Second: There are food items you can take off. So "anything" isn't true. You can take factory sealed items off the ship that meet the laws of the country you are entering (which means there may be factory sealed products that are not allowed). There are some countries that allow non-factory sealed items in too; usually it is fruit and meat they are most concerned about prohibiting, but you need to know the laws of the country you are entering.

You misunderstood my "anything". There are so many different rules for each individual port, most lines just take the stance of "anything" with few exceptions, usually prepackaged sealed foods.

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to take cupcakes purchased from the Harris Teeter across the street from the port in Baltimore. would that be the same as factory sealed since they are baked in the grocery bakery ?

Who knows what the screeners will allow the day you board.

Just be prepared to have them confiscated.