Has anyone had a Disney character call the house before the cruise?

Laurba99

If you go to the web site, you can have a choice of when you wish to have the call and a limited selection of characters to choose from. It is a recorded message--you are not talking with a live person. If you do a u-tube search, you can find several recordings of the calls.

Oh cool so if I want I can have them

Call the night we land in Orlando maybe. I don't want to tell him too much but I also don't want him to think we are going to Disney world. ( he wants to go back but we have been twice and it's too much! This is just short cruise)

Oh cool so if I want I can have them

Call the night we land in Orlando maybe. I don't want to tell him too much but I also don't want him to think we are going to Disney world. ( he wants to go back but we have been twice and it's too much! This is just short cruise)

Yep! Its a really nice voice call with the Characters saying how excited they are about you joining them on the cruise from the ones I've heard on Youtube.

Just a thought, could I suggest the morning of the cruise for the call incase your little one gets too overexcited the night before and doesn't want to sleep, then be extra tired the day you embark and miss somethings?

ex techie

You might also consider that there is a certain joy in anticipation. He might enjoy getting on line and learning about places he'll be visiting or about DCL in general....choosing clothing himself, etc. You know your child best and can figure out what will work for him.

I'm a firm believer in not telling kids, especially young ones, a LONG time in advance but a week or two is certainly realistic for an 8 year old.

You might also consider that there is a certain joy in anticipation. He might enjoy getting on line and learning about places he'll be visiting or about DCL in general....choosing clothing himself' date=' etc. You know your child best and can figure out what will work for him.

I'm a firm believer in not telling kids, especially young ones, a LONG time in advance but a week or two is certainly realistic for an 8 year old.[/quote']

Absolutely.

Each and every parent knows their child/children best and will be able to anticipate their reaction most of the time.

Was just a thought.

ex techie

On our first cruise (our daughter was 7), we did not tell her ahead of time that we were going on vacation.

We picked her up from school and scheduled the call to arrive when we were driving to the airport to hop on the plane (inspired by all of those internet videos of kids going bananas when they hear that they are going on a Disney vacation).

Unfortunately the call didn't come in at the scheduled time, so I very slowly took the long way to the airport, waiting for Mickey to say "Hi Pal...". It did come in about 15 minutes late, so we got to live the experience with her (my wife with the video camera in hand) and me with my eyes on the road hearing the "omg omg omg OMG!!!!!!!!! Wait a second... did you pack my stuffy?" coming from the back seat.

We surprised our son with one of these character calls a couple of weeks ago for our Alaska cruise in mid August. My wife chose Mickey to call at 3pm and the call was executed on time.

It's an automated message that reminds you that you have scheduled a character call and to press 1 within a certain time frame to initiate the character greeting. After initiating the greeting, we handed the phone over to our little 8 year old boy and watched him explode in excitement. He actually said that the cruise was "a dream come true", so we were happy with our vacation decision.

I'm glad we finally got the character call over with so that our family can now talk about the cruise in front of the little one. We booked over 6 months ago and it was hard keeping it a secret from him.