Entertainment on ventura

goughsters

We came off Ventura in July. Food is very subjective so what I like, you may not. My personal opinion was that the main dining room evening food had gone "up a notch or two" on our previous cruise dinners. As we both have allergies, the head waiter came to us and we booked our dinner for the following evening and this worked very well.

I also only eat beef, chicken and turkey (no other meat or fish), and I only had to resort to the "always available" steak a couple of times.

I personally enjoyed the food this time, and the waiters were very good bringing us a little extra to share (we occasionally shared a plate of french fries / chips) and ice cream.

We only used the main dining room for dinner, and the buffet for breakfast. The choice here was generally repetitive, but a good choice nonetheless (IMHO). Didn't go for lunch (as our breakfast was brunch), but had a snack at afternoon tea in the buffet. Nice warm scones and pastries.

Sorry can't comment on the entertainment as didn't go to any. Hope this helps.

First P&O cruise (7 nights) end July.

Food very similar to RC & Princess, MDR very good and efficient we couldn't complain. Dishes change each day but about 5 starters/mains stay on the menu all week.

Entertainment also very good, own stage shows were very good and in my opinion better than last years Indie cruise with RC. Outside acts also very good, each show about 45 mins long.

Comedian was Mark Walker and he did 2 nights with different material.

Musicians were 'The Octaves' again did two nights during the week with different shows. I think they may now be on Azura wherever that is !!!

Check them out on YouTube.

There were also other acts in the smaller bars etc.

All in all very pleased with entertainment, much better vocalists than RC.

If the above is normal standard you can't go wrong, we went to every main shows and all worth a visit.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks so much we are not a fussy family where food concerned but we were on as rc last year and thought the standard had dropped. We have been with p&o before and thought p&o food has a better fine dining experience. Also rc entertainment was also a little poor. We are looking forward to see for ourselves. Thanks again

Thanks so much we are not a fussy family where food concerned but we were on as rc last year and thought the standard had dropped. We have been with p&o before and thought p&o food has a better fine dining experience. Also rc entertainment was also a little poor. We are looking forward to see for ourselves. Thanks again

We did our first RC cruise in October and were disappointed in the food. Thought that P and O were far better.:cool:

Anyone who have just came off,what's food and entertainment like please. We sail on Sunday 🙌

Looks like we are on the same cruise... We also sail Sunday. Ive been on the Ventura about 3 years ago and if the standards are the same im expecting the entertainment and dining experience to be very good.

Enjoy your cruise... Dean