RCCL Halloween cruisers past and present

bobbie0253

I was on the Mariner last October ('04) for Halloween and they did a parade for the kids during both dinner seating times. And then different bars/lounges had costume parties. Let me tell you...there were some interesting costumes. I would definitely recommend bringing one along for the fun! I'm sad I'm not going to be on one this year at the same time. Have a great time.

We were on Explorer last Halloween and we all dressed up (2 adults, 2 kids). They had the parade after 2nd seating and everyone in costume led it off. Then we got "front row" seating to watch the regular promenade parade. It was a lot of fun. After the parade, there was a costume party / dance in one of the bars. All sorts of different and some quite interesting ( :eek: ) costumes!

I was on NOS for Halloween last year. I didn't attend it, but there was a big party with lots of happy adults in costume (shown frequently on TV). My kids had the parade with the kids club and Halloween themed events. Everyone had plenty of candy. There were very cool displays of carved pumpkins on the promenade and outside the Windjammer. It was a fun time to cruise, the only downside was having to add one more suitcase for the kids costumes.

I thought about the extra suitcase too, but it will be worth it :) I am sure your kids had a blast.

The only other holiday we have cruised on is Valentine's Day. I wish I could sail New Years or Christmas, but I work retail and there is no way I could ever get those weeks off :(

Anyone else out there cruising this Halloween?

Bobbie

I was on the same cruise as Maria65. They also decorated in the dining room and in the Dungeon. The kids costume was first and very cute. The adult parade followed with awards being given in several categories. Best men's went to a young man dressed as Elvis, best women's also went to a man (dressed as Marilyn Monroe) and best group went to a group of six ladies dressed as bumblebees. There were lots of imaginative costumes. We also enjoyed getting witches brew from the "witch's cauldron" in the Dungeon.

I thought about the extra suitcase too, but it will be worth it :) I am sure your kids had a blast.

The only other holiday we have cruised on is Valentine's Day. I wish I could sail New Years or Christmas, but I work retail and there is no way I could ever get those weeks off :(

Anyone else out there cruising this Halloween?

Bobbie

Yes, we'll be there, Bobbie....but probably not in costume....

We were on the Serenade on Halloween a few years ago. Some passengers dressed up, but not most.

I brought an assortment of candy along and gave a bag each to our waiter, assistant waiter, steward and assistant steward and it seemed to be really appreciated. In fact our waiter thanked us several times and our assistant waiter told us that she was rationing it, one a day.

I posted the following websites on the Rhapsody roll call for Halloween. So many ideas to choose from I still have not come up with what I am going to dress up as this year. Enjoy.

http://www.halloweenishere.com/costume_ideas.html

http://www.costumecity.com/halloween-costume-ideas.html

http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

We did a Halloween a few years back and it was a blast. While we didn't dress up but our tablemates did. I brought candy and decorated our door and also brought pumpkin lights for the balcony that I lit every night. Our room steward brought me a basket to put the candy in outside our door on Halloween night and when we returned after dinner there were a dozen thank you notes from both kids and crew members. I gave the leftovers to our steward to take down to the crew, and yes they loved it!

We are not doing the dining room at all this cruise, but plan on wearing formal attire to the Captain's Reception that night and then changing into costumes for the after dinner activities. Depending on your costume you may or may not have to dress up "formally". Too bad they can't send info with the docs regarding something like this. I myself would say skip the formal wear and go with the costume. But, that's only me.

Happy trick or treating....

Bobbie

Archived