How much is too much for an aft balcony vs interior?

I usually cruise in interiors because we are rarely in the cabin on 7+ night cruises. However I will be going on my first balcony this Thanksgiving on NCL Getaway.

I am a planner and am looking to book my April 2017 cruise ASAP.

The price difference between a Havana interior and an Havana aft balcony is only $600 on the Vista - that is a no brainer right?

Or should I save the $600 and spend that on fun excursions and drinks?

What would you do?

Edited by escentialssoycandles

That's a very subjective question. We like balconies because we are in our cabin a lot. We would get a balcony or oceanview cabin instead of an inside cabin which is much smaller. Have you checked the price of an oceanview? It might be a nice compromise.

I have never cruised without a balcony, I just like being able to go outside and chill for a while in a quiet space. That being said, Havana has it's own pool and deck area at the aft of the ship, which makes it easy to go chill in a (probably) more quiet relaxed area. If you're rarely in your cabin, I might save the money and do the interior, since you have all that extra private space with Havana cabins.

Edited by Fitzget

Personally it's a no brainer to me. I would do the $600. The havana aft cabins will go quick, don't wait too long to decide. We waited too long with that exact same question and when we went back to book it every single havana cabin other than interiors are completely gone. Just a fair warning to you. But yes I would spend it.

If it is a Havana Aft-Extended balcony, then probably not. Only because they do not appear to be very private as they look out over the Havana pool, It looks like anyone at the pool would be able to see right onto your balcony. If I'm gonna pay an extra $600 I would prefer to look at the wake of the ship not a pool. Any other time I would take an Aft-Extended balcony over any other cabin.:):)

We booked one on the TA not even realizing the Havana area was below us. After I saw the location of the pool, we moved from deck 6 to 7. This was before they extended the Havana perks to a few of the aft balconies. With all of the sea days, I plan on relaxing with some good books back there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk