FTTF Question

JMHAM1

We have three cabins. Two of the cabins have only minors. We have no tender ports. We really just wanted to be able to drop our stuff off in the cabin so we didn't have to lug everything around and keep tabs on the kids. What would happen if we bought it for just one cabin? I'm guessing just the one cabin would be ready early (that would be fine).

I am more interested in knowing about the check in. The adults are all in the one cabin so everyone would be on the same credit card. How would the early check in and boarding work? I'm not trying to get out of paying anything so please no flaming....I was just curious if it was necessary to buy for each cabin.

Only those in a cabin where one of the guests assigned to that specific cabin purchased FTTF will be allowed in the early FTTF boarding. Everybody else will have to board as normal and be assigned a group based on their arrival at the pier. If you want everybody to be able to board with FTTF, one person in each cabin will have to purchase FTTF.

I know that is true with adults but the other two cabins are minors only and minors couldn't check in at all without the adults. It is just curiousity on my part. FTTF is sold out on our cruise. It just occurred to me as I was thinking about it.

It won't work if only 1 cabin has FTTF because your children will not be allowed to board with you. So it would be useless for you to do that. However, if one of the adults in the FTTF cabin wants to carry on all the stuff that you want to put in the room and then meet the rest of you at a designated place on the ship when you and the kids have boarded...that would work. Then once you and the kids get onboard you could all go to the room.:D

Edited by mousey

We have sailed similarly and purchased FTTF for each cabin. If you don't care about boarding early, you could purchase it for one cabin and put your stuff in that cabin until the others are ready, but only the cabin that purchases the perks will receive them, regardless of the others being minors.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

If your sole reason for purchasing FTTF is to have one cabin ready to drop off carry-ons - yes, buying it for one cabin will accomplish that.

Your family can board together at whatever time you are processed through the regular check-in procedures.

If your sole reason for purchasing FTTF is to have one cabin ready to drop off carry-ons - yes, buying it for one cabin will accomplish that.

Your family can board together at whatever time you are processed through the regular check-in procedures.

Thank you! This is EXACTLY the information I was looking for. We are leaving from Jacksonville and are not in a hurry to get on anyway. I just wanted to drop off our stuff.