Specialty Dining Reservations on Allure

When can you make dining reservations in the specialty restaurants on the Allure ? Do you have to be paid in full ? We sail Dec 20 and would love to make a res for Christmas Eve !

WE are booked on this same cruise, and just talked to our travel agent about this very issue today. We can begin booking specialty restaurants 90 days before the cruise. Sometimes, they open before then, so I check frequently, but they guarantee you can book 90 days out.

You DO NOT have to be paid in full to book specialty restaurants, but it will probably be paid for about the time they open reservations.

We plan to make specialty restaurant reservations, especially when we want a specific day and time, but we have always been able to get in when we book on the ship too.

We sailed on Allure at Christmas 2011, and would love to answer any other questions you might have. I see you've been on Oasis, and they are similar. There are a few special treats at Christmas.

Maybe we'll see you on the cruise!

Edited by Dinkachu

Thanks, Dinkachu !

We have been on the Oasis but new to the Allure. First time Christmas cruise.

Are you allowed to decorate your cabin ? Can you put lights on your balcony ? I read somewhere that you can order a small tree from Gifts.??

Is there any special Christmas event that we need to sign up for online ?

Is the ice show a Christmas theme ?

You must have enjoyed it,to be going back.

Do they have Christmas music ?

I think I read that they have a Christmas worship service. Is that Christmas Eve or Day ?

Thanks for answering my questions ! Are you on our roll call ? Not many people over there.

Gina

Thanks, Dinkachu !

We have been on the Oasis but new to the Allure. First time Christmas cruise.

Are you allowed to decorate your cabin ? Can you put lights on your balcony ? I read somewhere that you can order a small tree from Gifts.??

Is there any special Christmas event that we need to sign up for online ?

Is the ice show a Christmas theme ?

You must have enjoyed it,to be going back.

Do they have Christmas music ?

I think I read that they have a Christmas worship service. Is that Christmas Eve or Day ?

Thanks for answering my questions ! Are you on our roll call ? Not many people over there.

Gina

DECORATIONS: While the ship is decorated beautifully, I took a whole suitcase full of decorations for our cabins, the cabin doors and my scooter. I took a small, plush Christmas tree and my son took a 'Charlie Brown' tree. We even took stockings for the room attendant and waiters. We had a 4 ft tall inflatable penguin on our balcony - and it was featured on the cruise video. We did not have lights on the balcony, but we did have them in the room - the battery powered ones.

All Special Christmas events can be signed up for on the cruise. There was caroling, led by the Captain, on the royal promenade. They gave us caroling books we could keep. We enjoyed the variety of traditional carols and more modern songs.

There are worship services both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

On Christmas Eve, they had gingerbread cookies in our room.

Christmas Day, we went to see Santa in the ice skating studio. My husband and son went Ice Skating. They had eggnog for everyone. The Captain and his wife were there visiting with all of us.

There are TWO ice shows that week - the regular one, and a special Christmas ice show you book once onboard (see the cruise compass for the date and time).

Christmas Day we also received a small gift from RCCL. Christmas Day is the day they have the special menu in the dining room too. We could keep the menu. They had traditional Turkey and other options as well.

We love Allure and especially on Christmas!

I am on the meet and mingle site and tried to get a group to do a free meet and mingle party onboard - but it is a very inactive group. Perhaps as we get closer to the cruise, it will pick up.

Ironically, we are going on this cruise to reward our son, who is graduating for college this December. He just told me yesterday, that he interviewed for a job in Houston at Johnson Space Center - so we may be asking Houston questions if he gets the job.

I will try to find photos and post them for our Allure Christmas Cruise. I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking, that they are still in photo envelopes!

Edited by Dinkachu

I am NOT good at attaching photos...

These include: The little tree we took, hubby decorating the door, the special menu for Christmas Day, Tree on Royal Promenade, etc.

825704457_of50150150-20.jpeg.ea67bcb256c1f06d0fdd4ad44b4a7cbf.jpeg

1996597868_of50150150-14.jpeg.316f314fce4902df248dab5824ad2dbe.jpeg

825704457_of50150150-20.jpeg.ea67bcb256c1f06d0fdd4ad44b4a7cbf.jpeg

1996597868_of50150150-14.jpeg.316f314fce4902df248dab5824ad2dbe.jpeg

th.jpeg.3411c66db2e01c79a0b6da12a2bf159b.jpeg

1035203994_of50150150-5.jpeg.b3e550d6543117bad13d70729486af62.jpeg

886370783_of50150150-2.jpeg.199d86b9e050d0d991278183c54a4cd7.jpeg

th-2.jpg.bb297533035eb3f8eb7ba3662d5ff5b6.jpg

1035203994_of50150150-5.jpeg.b3e550d6543117bad13d70729486af62.jpeg

Attempting to attach photos...

Edited by Dinkachu
Double photos

You are so sweet to describe all the fun instore for our Christmas cruise !! I can hardly wait !! My 2 favorite things... Christmas and cruising !!! It all sounds wonderful ! I love the idea of caroling, and all the decorations. Excited we can decorate our cabin ! Love the idea of doing a stocking for our stateroom host.

We would come to the M&M if there is one. Best of luck to your son on his interview. We've just lived in Houston 3 years, but would be happy to help in anyway we can.

What is your favorite restaurant other than the main dining room ?

You are so sweet to describe all the fun instore for our Christmas cruise !! I can hardly wait !! My 2 favorite things... Christmas and cruising !!! It all sounds wonderful ! I love the idea of caroling, and all the decorations. Excited we can decorate our cabin ! Love the idea of doing a stocking for our stateroom host.

We would come to the M&M if there is one. Best of luck to your son on his interview. We've just lived in Houston 3 years, but would be happy to help in anyway we can.

What is your favorite restaurant other than the main dining room ?

Our son loves CHOPS - and since it is his celebration, we will eat there for certain. I like Giovanni's best. There is a new Mexican restaurant this time, Sabor. We had Rita's on our last tour. Some of the men enjoyed the Samba's - all you can eat meat grilled on a sword. There is also a new Japanese restaurant on board. So many good places to choose!

Hoping your cruise is magical.

I'll check in with our cruise page from time to time to see if we have enough for meet and mingle.

Blessings.