Looks like a good chance for a good room.

Vitality08

A friend and I are booked on the Victory in October. We originally booked on deck 6 but there was a 12 hour sale for guarantee cabins. The savings was so much we decided it was worth giving up our cabin. I actually don't care where we are but my friend doesn't want deck 1 or 2.

I'm checking what's available and there's only 1 room on deck 1 and 2 on deck two. So to me it looks like we have a good chance of being assigned something higher.

Is that a good assumption or is it just so random that there's no way to tell?

I'm not exactly sure how this works. It may be that your room has already been assigned and is not showing available, or it could be that those are truly the only cabins available. Either way, you have no way of knowing how many other people have booked the sale rate when you did and secured a guarantee cabin, so those folks all have to go somewhere. Maybe another person "in the know" will chime in.

Carnival will upsell or upgrade those who booked early to free up rooms for guarantees that are sold for "cheap" during the current sale. Its a great game of musical staterooms with long time bookings getting a better chance for an upgrade than the new kids to the game. I definitely wouldn't count your chickens no matter what the online site shows.

A friend and I are booked on the Victory in October. We originally booked on deck 6 but there was a 12 hour sale for guarantee cabins. The savings was so much we decided it was worth giving up our cabin. I actually don't care where we are but my friend doesn't want deck 1 or 2.

I'm checking what's available and there's only 1 room on deck 1 and 2 on deck two. So to me it looks like we have a good chance of being assigned something higher.

Is that a good assumption or is it just so random that there's no way to tell?

Hard to say for sure. They might move a bunch of people around. All that you can say for sure is they will put you in at least the category you paid for.