Pride of Aloha - are the seas rough??

kowkitty

Hi,

My hubby and I are planning on booking for July 2006. WE are still trying to decide if we should just safe some extra money and go with the oceanview stateroom or upgrade for a balcony???

My hubby likes to cruise but gets sea sick occasionally. Are the seas generally rough between the islands?

Thanks

Jackie

The seas can vary from dead calm to rough. It's a big ocean. A lot has to do with where and how big storms out at sea are. We found the rough times didn't last too long, maybe a couple of hours at the most. As the ship rounds one of the islands, it will calm.

We didn't spend much time in the cabin so that's up to you. Other than the Kauai coast, most sailing is at night.

Hi,

My hubby and I are planning on booking for July 2006. WE are still trying to decide if we should just safe some extra money and go with the oceanview stateroom or upgrade for a balcony???

My hubby likes to cruise but gets sea sick occasionally. Are the seas generally rough between the islands?

Thanks

Jackie

You have to make the decision of course, but this seems to be a very port intensive cruise and most people seem to spend more time off the ship than on it.

If you plan to leave the ship early in the morning and spend most of your days on the islands you might find that you get less use of your balcony than you would on another cruise.

Also I have heard that there are many excellent but costly shore excursions available on this cruise. If it were me, I think I'd save the extra money from the balcony and use it on the excursions instead.

Hi,

Thanks

Jackie

Go for the balcony and live it up. You'll enjoy it for what ever time you spend on it. Don't let the excursions drive your schedule--pace your self.

The Prides are big ships and as the cruise is island hopping, unlikely to be rough.

kowkitty

I would say the seas will prolly be rough at least one night of the cruise. I found that most weeks had at least one rough night. You are going at the right time of the year though. The winter months have more rough seas than summer months. I will tell you though that it never ceased to amaze me that passageners always commented on how rough the seas were compared to other cruises. You are in the middle of the pacific bottomline, and while the capt will use the islands for a shield as much as he can sometimes it is rough. I seen the worse wind of my 20 weeks my last week it was over 50 knots, with higher gusts.

I will say though I loved the pride of aloha. I thought she was a fine ship. I went thur a tropical depression while sailing as a guest on the carrribean princess. Winds were just over 30 knots with 6 to 10 foot seas. I felt that she rocked more than the pride of aloha did in comparable weather. Just take the patch and put them on a few days before since your will get some motion.

Jackie,

I agree with four sum.......go for the balcony and live it up!! We are booked on the Pride of Aloha to sail May 14th, 2006. We have had our balcony booked for about 4 months now. We love the balconies and will never go back.......We sailed the Hawaiin Islands before on the Star, we had balcony cabins and so enjoyed seeing the Islands!! Aloha.........Ms. Bee ;)

Just returned from the POAM this weekend, and I have to say, at times, you could REALLY feel the ship rocking (and not just from the good times we had at the Mardi Gras Nightclub!).......that said, I took 2 dramamine daily and felt fine! :)

I say....go for it!!!

Archived