Aqua or Concierge

Cruiseme0613

AQ staterooms seem to only be on decks 9 and 11. I picked deck 8 for CC because I thought it might be a quiet option. Are there problems with noise on decks 9 and 11 because of everything going on on deck 10?

Also, I am really excited about the possibility of Blu, but DH is concerned with the smaller portions.

Just off Summit. With GTY booking our party was assigned Aqua 9114, 9116. This was under entry to Lido buffet BUT under ice cream station that was open to 10:30pm every night. We usually go to bed by 10pm (cruise to relax) and the kid's footfall thumping at ice cream stand was noticeable.

This was 3rd Aqua cruise, 1 hit, 2 misses. Summit's Blu service was attentive BUT sometimes slow. Some in my party weren't happy with seasoning of dishes, usually fish - we ended up eating in Lido buffet half the time for quick-convenience. They provided baked potato, mashed, rice sides on request. In the future, for the $, we will pass on Aqua/Blu. Good Luck

Edited by greydog

Aqua cabins on deck 11 are QUIET but the balconies, with the exception of the A1 aft cabins, have a very shallow overhang.

Now for the deck 9 cabins. Those aft of 9108 on the starboard or corresponding cabins on the port side are under the carpeted Lido Café and very quiet.

We have also stayed under the pool deck portion and the itinerary has a lot to do with music or noise from above. Furniture movement around 5:30 - 6:00 am is a generalized complaint. Ear plugs help.

Before you jump into a guarantee check the available cabins and their location. Celebrity generally assigns cabins quickly and changing cabins within the same class is permissible if available. (The cruise line site for the UK usually has more cabin listings BTW.)

Unless your DH has the appetite of the entire African Delta he will have plenty of food in BLU. The portions are not small. The preparation is the differential and for $140 I'd recommend you jump on the change.

The Aqua class cabins have an enhanced shower with multiple jets. Many leak but your cabin steward knows this so don't freak when the floor resembles a wading pool.

You will get a bottle of bubbly which some wine stewards in Blu, depending on the steward and ship, will exchange for a credit for a better wine of your choice.

Afternoon canapes are available if you are in your stateroom and your cabin steward has your schedule. They are nothing to write home about but a request for a cheese plate or other selections are available.

I think you have the other perks. Blu is the biggest advantage. If you choose to eat in the MDR at any time the Blu maître 'd will arrange this for you. The only other perk that I can think of is the possibility of a discount for night one dining in one of the specialty restaurants.

Enjoy!

We were in 9104. No tables or chairs above us. No noise, great location, no one could see down on us. would book again in a heartbeat!

We were in 9104. No tables or chairs above us. No noise, great location, no one could see down on us. would book again in a heartbeat!

That room is available! Question though, could the people in the suites three doors down that have the balcony that is in the wider portion of the boat see into your balcony?

We did a cc gty, final payment is do end of Sept. How can I check to see if a cabin has been assigned. If I put in my reservation number, nothing comes up. Do I have to wait till final payment?

Thanks.

Reservation number worked this morning. How far out do they assign the cabins? Anyone know when I might see where we will be staying? After final payment?

Thanks.

That room is available! Question though, could the people in the suites three doors down that have the balcony that is in the wider portion of the boat see into your balcony?

No ,its great. If you took 9100 or 9102 they can somewhat but 9104 is great!

Sailing on the Silhouette right now (British Isles cruise) and we are in Aqua..love Blu....For the most part, people are nicely dressed....yes one sees blue jeans..black jeans.....I have even seen a few women in black sweat pants! Don't think anyone really cares.....

On formal night, many people in suits, maybe saw a tux or two in BLU, but really didn't pay much attention. No suit for me, just slacks, and a long sleeve shirt and didn't feel out of place! I have noticed a fair # change into more comfortable clothes for the show.....I really don't think anyone cares..it is just bored people on CC that like to stir up others with their opinions, lol No clue what is happening in the MDR.....