Celebrity Infinity Dec. 5, 2015

bobnjeff

We're pretty much done, expcet for the few things were using, a few dry cleaning items and such. I have two sets of toiletries already, since I travel so much.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We are just starting to pack today.Our goal, one bag each, plus a carry on. Bryan, stop laughing please...

We check one bag each, and a 3rd shared bag but have a bag in a bigger bag for shopping. So 4 on the way home :D Plus of course our carry-ons (roll-a-board and tote).

We won't meet any weight limits for the flight down though :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to meeting you all in just over a week. OK ... Now I have to lock myself in my kitchen and start cooking (thank god for "how to" on youtube) I am hosting this year :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jeff.

Bryan and Roger, we'd appreciate to hear more about the canal crossing. I've read nothing about it. Any tips or recommendations that you'd like to share with first timers?

Here is a pic of a group of us at the LGBT greet and meet at the Millennium's Cellar Masters. If you see us before the first meet and greet, come by and say hi!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151636788284434&l=93b0ee0fd4

Thom

Hi Thom - Great photo! I'm glad to hear about the LGBT mixer being moved to Cellar Masters. I love all the venues on board the ship but Cellar Masters is usually (in my experience anyway) fairly empty so we should be able to hopefully spot the group. I'm Paul BTW (of Paul and Daniel) and looking forward to this great break. We're from Atlanta and celebrating our 30th anniversary. Look forward to meeting you!

My partner Daniel and I will be on this cruise. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary together and looking forward to the cruise and our adventure after the cruise (flying back to Lima, staying in Cousco for several days as our base to explore Machu Pichu). Daniel is retired from Home Depot management and I'm retired early (57) from working as a litigation paralegal for (over the years) large Atlanta firms.

It would be nice to find some other folks to bum around with from time to time particularly on board, and if anyone is interested in forming a table at dinner together let us know. Regardless of whether we dine with other gay folks or not we always meet great people so not a real concern, although we would be interested in dining with the group or a part thereof if anyone is interested. I think we're in fixed dining, late seating but of course that could be changed.

The odd thing is, we always meet other gay folks on the cruise but rarely meet them at the "official" LGBT mixers on the ships daily schedule. I've rarely found anyone at the mixers but hopefully that will change with this cruise. I always enjoy my free time on board then gathering back with friends late in the day.

Attached is a photo of the two of us taken in Barcelona where we spent a week last year followed by a Celebrity transatlantic back to the states.

Cheer!

Paul

Paul and Daniel

Atlanta, GA

Room 7169

191138795_photo-1(1).jpg.21c2783befcdf431ac9c30ec8c1b01c9.jpg

My partner Daniel and I will be on this cruise. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary together and looking forward to the cruise and our adventure after the cruise (flying back to Lima, staying in Cousco for several days as our base to explore Machu Pichu). Daniel is retired from Home Depot management and I'm retired early (57) from working as a litigation paralegal for (over the years) large Atlanta firms.

It would be nice to find some other folks to bum around with from time to time particularly on board, and if anyone is interested in forming a table at dinner together let us know. Regardless of whether we dine with other gay folks or not we always meet great people so not a real concern, although we would be interested in dining with the group or a part thereof if anyone is interested. I think we're in fixed dining, late seating but of course that could be changed.

The odd thing is, we always meet other gay folks on the cruise but rarely meet them at the "official" LGBT mixers on the ships daily schedule. I've rarely found anyone at the mixers but hopefully that will change with this cruise. I always enjoy my free time on board then gathering back with friends late in the day.

Attached is a photo of the two of us taken in Barcelona where we spent a week last year followed by a Celebrity transatlantic back to the states.

Welcome to the roll call, Paul and Daniel!

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary. Brian and I are still on our 17th year.

After the cruise we'll spend a couple of days exploring Santiago, before flying to Buenos Aires for some more sightseeing. We did consider visiting Machu Picchu, but ultimately decided to leave that for a separate trip with Salar de Uyuni in the itinerary as well.

Unfortunately we'll be unable to join you at your dinner table. We'll be dining at Luminae. Not sure if you are aware or not, once you've found people you want to share the table with, you can sign into your account on the Celebrity website and link your reservation to theirs, and Celebrity will ensure you are seated together. For instance, our reservation is linked to our friends Don and Greg (RDUCruisers).

We have such a great group here, it will not be difficult to hang out together.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody better once we are onboard!

Thom

Welcome to the roll call, Paul and Daniel!

Not sure if you are aware or not, once you've found people you want to share the table with, you can sign into your account on the Celebrity website and link your reservation to theirs, and Celebrity will ensure you are seated together. For instance, our reservation is linked to our friends Don and Greg (RDUCruisers).

We have such a great group here, it will not be difficult to hang out together.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody better once we are onboard!

Thom

Didn't know about linking reservations online, thanks!

Welcome Paul and Daniel,

I think there will be a lot of LGBT cruisers onboard. This is the busiest LGBT roll call I've seen and we were on a pretty busy trains Atlantic in 2013. Knowing that only a small portion make it to cruise critic, there should be quite a few folks onboard or connect with.

We'll be dining in Luminae as well so I'm sure we'll see you there Thom or maybe in Michael's club. I'm sure as one of the only female couples, we'll be hard to miss, but I'm pretty talk and like my heels :D and have dark hair.

We leave on Sunday for FL on Sunday for the airport, fly Monday and then we're spending 4 days or so on our boat northwest of Fort Myers. Then over to Fort Lauderdale for one night before heading to the ship.

Is anyone staying on the beach and want to have a drink on Friday night somewhere around Los Olas?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think there will be a lot of LGBT cruisers onboard. This is the busiest LGBT roll call I've seen and we were on a pretty busy trains Atlantic in 2013. Knowing that only a small portion make it to cruise critic, there should be quite a few folks onboard or connect with.

We'll be dining in Luminae as well so I'm sure we'll see you there Thom or maybe in Michael's club. I'm sure as one of the only female couples, we'll be hard to miss, but I'm pretty talk and like my heels :D and have dark hair.

Hope everybody in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Jenna, and getting to know Dee as well!

We DO have quite a few folks here. When we cruised in Asia in 2013, we had a large group that got together every evening at Cellar Masters. On other sailings, not so many people. Looking through this roll call, it seems like we have quite a number of singles as well, Jeff, Rodd, Bryan and Vince.

Just one more week until we sail! Wish everybody great Black Friday deals. My noise cancelling headphones broke; I hope I'll find a good deal online tomorrow. : )

Thom

Edited by tjunmin

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Jenna, and getting to know Dee as well!

We DO have quite a few folks here. When we cruised in Asia in 2013, we had a large group that got together every evening at Cellar Masters. On other sailings, not so many people. Looking through this roll call, it seems like we have quite a number of singles as well, Jeff, Rodd, Bryan and Vince.

Just one more week until we sail! Wish everybody great Black Friday deals. My noise cancelling headphones broke; I hope I'll find a good deal online tomorrow. : )

Thom

I really love my Bose Qc20i as they're so much smaller for travel, and easier to leave in when I would like to sleep. I tried the 15s first and they're good, but bulky for travel.

We look forward to meeting everyone and love our wine, but also the martini bar. We're really looking forward to seeing the new roof top terrace too.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thom

I've enjoyed my Audio Technica headphones which I've had now for years, still going strong. They get great reviews just like the Bose but might save you some money. The model number is ATH-ANC9. I've compared them to my friend's Bose headphones and I actually thought mine worked better but he thought it was a tie.

Looking forward to meeting you all! I was looking at our post-cruise Machu Pichu tour and was amused to find that rather than a tour guide, we have a "CEO" leading the group: "Chief Experience Officer." Here's to a great "experience"!

Okay, so I debated sharing the following (primarily because I'd prefer to ignore the people who cruise to complain about everything that's WRONG), however, there are some bad reviews of the Infinity perhaps coming out of dry dock too soon here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=196 Hopefully the problems cited will be resolved by the time we depart. Some were resolved during the first post-dry dock cruise.

I'm determined to have a good time even if the ship sinks. :D

There are some people who posted negative reviews and referenced those reviews on the Celebrity Board as well, but there were other posters who had positive things to say. We had the same fear in our Millenium sailing last year and while there were some issues on the ship, nothing to ruin a vacation, it was still our best ever, but it think this one will rival it :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wayne and myself leave today to start our vacation. Really excited and looking forward to meeting you all soon. Hard to believe the time is almost here.

Btw have I missed something? Is there a meet and greet on the first day?

Rodd and Wayne :)

Okay, so I debated sharing the following (primarily because I'd prefer to ignore the people who cruise to complain about everything that's WRONG), however, there are some bad reviews of the Infinity perhaps coming out of dry dock too soon here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=196 Hopefully the problems cited will be resolved by the time we depart. Some were resolved during the first post-dry dock cruise.

As Jenna mentioned, there has been quite a lively discussion on the Celebrity main board regarding the current status of the Infinity. No matter how bad things are on board, it will be infinitely better than being here at the office! : )

Thom

Wayne and myself leave today to start our vacation. Really excited and looking forward to meeting you all soon. Hard to believe the time is almost here.

Btw have I missed something? Is there a meet and greet on the first day?

There is no FOD meet and greet on the first day. But many of us are planning to attend the Cruise Critic sail away party. Jenna, is that being held at the new roof top terrace?

Safe travels and see you in a week!

Thom

There is no FOD meet and greet on the first day. But many of us are planning to attend the Cruise Critic sail away party. Jenna, is that being held at the new roof top terrace?

Safe travels and see you in a week!

Thom

This roll call really hasn't been as organized to plan anything as some, but I think that sounds like a good spot. Our plan is to check it out right after lunch which won't be long after boarding. Hopefully they're ready and don't have it closed waiting to do a grand opening. If it's open, we're good to meet back up there for sail away. The best sail always we've been to have had some way to find others, like beads but it's a bit late to plan something as many are already traveling so I am not sure how "organized" it will be

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Cheer!

Paul

Paul and Daniel

Atlanta, GA

Room 7169

Hi guys. Welcome to the fun group. Congrats on the 30 years. I am travelling with four friends whom I met cruising (!) several years ago. We cruise often. So friends CAN be made. We are still trying to work out our dining thing.

See you next week. YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

328247065_1bryanlogo.jpg.3665434051f288e63fb2002af1096852.jpg

Thom

BOO HOO to the single thing. :eek:

Funny my noise headphones died on the flight over last week. Got my new Bose ones on Wednesday. lol Deals can be had.

Bryan

I am always amazed at how some people bitch, bitch, bitch on a cruise. I think, HEY, YOU COULD BE WORKING IN A FACTORY PUTTING THE ENDS ON SHOE LACES! YOU'RE ON A CRUISE. I fought cancer and lost. (my husband) Then I go into my NEW YORK.......SHUT *_()^$^££^ UP. lol

I'm with you about having a good time. And if it sinks, WE BETTER MAKE THE FRONT PAGES OF NEWSPAPERS.

BRYAN

I am always amazed at how some people bitch, bitch, bitch on a cruise. I think, HEY, YOU COULD BE WORKING IN A FACTORY PUTTING THE ENDS ON SHOE LACES! YOU'RE ON A CRUISE. I fought cancer and lost. (my husband) Then I go into my NEW YORK.......SHUT *_()^$^££^ UP. lol

I'm with you about having a good time. And if it sinks, WE BETTER MAKE THE FRONT PAGES OF NEWSPAPERS.

BRYAN

Now there is the kind of attitude I like :D

Safe travels Bryan! Maybe you'll meet Mr right onboard :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The best sail always we've been to have had some way to find others, like beads but it's a bit late to plan something as many are already traveling so I am not sure how "organized" it will be

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna - I think the idea of beads is a good one. I wonder if only just a few of us are wearing beads would be sufficient for others to locate the group. I can't tell you how many "official" cruise line FOD (now LGBT) listed mixers I've gone down to at the advertised time only to find no one (at the Martini Bar, Cellar Masters or wherever). Probably not going to be a problem on this cruise though. Still it would be nice to have a way to easily spot the group since we blend in so well these days :). I'm leaving my rainbow caftan at home. That's a joke. I definitely DO NOT have a rainbow caftan.

Paul