Dawn mini suite question

Floridanamaw

Prices have dropped quite a bit on our New England/Canada trip next month so that we were able to upgrade from balcony to mini suite with no extra cost. Are there any extra amenities that go with a mini suite? It's not a big deal if not but was just wondering. Also, our cabin in on deck 11 under Top Siders and the ice cream parlor, 11606. Anyone stayed in this cabin? Thanks!

Prices have dropped quite a bit on our New England/Canada trip next month so that we were able to upgrade from balcony to mini suite with no extra cost. Are there any extra amenities that go with a mini suite? It's not a big deal if not but was just wondering. Also, our cabin in on deck 11 under Top Siders and the ice cream parlor, 11606. Anyone stayed in this cabin? Thanks!

I didn't stay in that cabin, when we were in a mini suite (in 2008); but I remember one of the amenities was being able to have a sit down breakfast in the dining room. I also remember that the bathroom was a bit larger than the regular balcony cabins; however I found the cabin smaller than what I thought a mini suite would be. Our cabin was under one of the board rooms I believe.

No extra amenities with the mini suite other than a bit of extra square feet in the mini suite, tub/shower combination instead of just a shower, and a curtain that separates the sofa from the bed.

No special dining room for Breakfast in a mini suite on any ship at the current time. Of course there is a main dining room open for breakfast for all passengers.

• 4 months later...
A good thing about booking a mini suite is that you earn double points as a latitude member. Interior, Ocean view & Balconies earn 1 pt per day. Mini suites & suites earn 2 pts per day.

As noted in your other post about this, mini suites do NOT receive bonus points.

A good thing about booking a mini suite is that you earn double points as a latitude member. Interior, Ocean view & Balconies earn 1 pt per day. Mini suites & suites earn 2 pts per day.

Are you sure? We didn't get double points when we were in a mini. If this is true, I need to make a call.......... We did get double points when we booked more than 9 months in advance.

I just pulled this off the website..........

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

Edited by phoenix1181