Epic 8hr ship excursion but only in port 9hrs

tweeterbug

I just booked one of the ship's excursions but I'm wondering if I should be concerned. We are only in port for 9hrs but the tour is listed as 8hrs. I'm thinking they wouldn't be pushing tours that are too long...am I right? Really looking forward to my cruise😀 thanks!!!

They'd get rather bad publicity if they abandoned people on one of their own excursions. :D

Some of mine run very close to the departure as well, but I'm anticipating they'll truncate them slightly. Although it would be good if NCL could confirm their intentions.

Extra time is built in, especially with the European excursions. They know there will be someone not back to the bus in time or a traffic tie up at some point. It would be very rare for the excursion bus to return exactly at the 8 hour point. 20-30 minutes early would be typical & you would be back on board a few minutes before the 8 hour mark.

Also, that is still 30 minutes before all aboard & the cruise line excursions always have ways to contact the ship if something goes wrong. No worries at all.

Extra time is built in, especially with the European excursions. They know there will be someone not back to the bus in time or a traffic tie up at some point. It would be very rare for the excursion bus to return exactly at the 8 hour point. 20-30 minutes early would be typical & you would be back on board a few minutes before the 8 hour mark.

Also, that is still 30 minutes before all aboard & the cruise line excursions always have ways to contact the ship if something goes wrong. No worries at all.

Another cruise line told me that tour time includes time to disembark, get to the coach and then waiting time on the coach and then the reverse. Thought it was kinda cheeky, but apparently some people complain when they don't add in the additional times.